MOVEMENT III - pt.1

MOVEMENT III

Part 1

Friday morning, earlier than the sunrise, we were outside, loading the last of the equipment into the van. The excitement of the mini vacation was starting to set in and, despite the early hour, everyone was cheerful and having a great time.

"I'm nervous about all of our equipment on the flight," Taehyung slid his alto sax case into the back of the van and shut the door.

"We purchased extra insurance to protect ourselves. It's going to be fine, Tae." Yoongi reassured him, "Let's just be thankful we don't have to haul drums or a piano all the way to New York. Thankfully, they're letting all of the bands use the venue's."

"Alright, looking at this itinerary, we should be arriving in New York by about 11:30, so that should give us enough time to drop our things off at the hotel and go explore for the rest of the day," I stood with my printed, organized schedule in my hand, speaking to the group like we were in a business meeting.

Jimin burst into laughter.

"Itinerary. Of course you'd write up and print an itinerary. Miss professional, over here..." he nodded in my direction, still cackling, turning to walk over to the passenger side door of the van.

"What? We need to be prepared. What if we forget something? What if we lose track of time?" I rambled, worried about all the fine details of the trip.

Did we remember our plane tickets?

Do we know how to get to the venue we're performing at?

What if Jimin forgets his reeds, or Namjoon leaves his trumpet mouthpiece at the hotel by mistake?

"Get out of your head," Yoongi walked over and pulled my fingertips from my forehead, where I was standing, deep in thought with my eyes closed and my head lowered, "Everything will be fine. Even if we forget a little detail, or something doesn't go exactly as planned, we still won by being invited at all."

"I know. You're right," I smiled up at him softly, letting my anxiety wash away.

"Maybe you should call Jane. I bet she'd like to hear from you before we get on a flight. She's probably worried sick," he suggested, taking my face into his hands to kiss my forehead before heading over to our car to get in the driver's seat.

I followed him over, getting myself situated in the front passenger seat before picking up my phone to dial Jane. It was only 6am, but knowing her, she was awake at least an hour ago.

"Hi kiddo! Are you all leaving today?" Jane cheerfully answered the phone, clearly excited to be hearing from me, despite the early hour.

"Yes! We just got in the cars and we're pulling out of the driveway now, heading to the airport."

"Be safe. New York is a big place. Stick together."

She is such a mom, despite not actually being one.

"How's Roy?"

I heard her sigh.

"His blood pressure has been low, and he's having issues with sleep because of his muscles aching, but you know Roy... he doesn't go down without a fight," I heard a soft chuckle - her attempt to talk herself out of her sadness.