Chapter Sixty-Five: Something About Chipmunks

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" My mom asked me.

I nodded. "Yup, everything will be just fine."

My dad patted down his pockets, checking things. "We're not forgetting anything, are we?"

My parents were going to some Christmas party at one of their friend's place. We had a small Christmas dinner before they left for the real party. I was okay with them going, mostly because they promised to doggy bag some food for me.

She kissed me on the cheek. "Okay, see you in the morning, Naomi."

"We'll open the presents together tomorrow morning," my dad told me, which he didn't because it was an obvious yearly thing we did.

"Fine, and I won't open the presents until tomorrow morning," given that's the reason why he has to always remind me since one Christmas when I was younger I tore everyone's presents when my parents were asleep.

With last goodbye's, they left to the party. I closed the door and looked around the empty house that's all to myself. I've already made a list of what I'm going to do, and I don't need to check it twice. I'll shake my presents to try to figure out what I'm getting for Christmas. I'll get a helping of hot chocolate and Christmas cookies while I watch Christmas movies from The Nightmare Before Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas to The Santa Clause and Home Alone. After that, I'll leave the traditional Santa trap of a plate of cookies and a glass of milk, and try to catch him in the act.

Though it would've been nice to spend Christmas with the guys, they were busy with their own family Christmas as I was with mine. Declan promised his parents he'll spend Christmas with his parents, and Jordan was going to eat the usual pizza after his mom's failed attempt to cook something. It was Bennett I was worried about. Now that I know he doesn't get along with his dad or brother, along with knowing he lives by himself, he won't have a Christmas like the rest of us. I tried to invite him to a Christmas dinner, but he turned it down like he did with the other guys.

I remembered that there was some Christmas banquet his brother told him he had to go as well as inviting the rest of us. But Bennett made it clear that we wouldn't go, but maybe he'll just go by himself, that's why he won't have Christmas with us. Despite Bennett's bad mood with Christmas, I'm glad I was able to make him laugh with the Christmas present I gave him. We ended up just opening each other's presents in front of each other to make up for not opening it together in Christmas together. From Jordan, I got a drawing from Graeae himself that proudly hangs in my room back in the base. Also he gave me my promised phone, all updated as he told me he will. Declan gave me a mix tape of a bunch of songs we end up liking, which I can't stop listening. Then from Bennett, he gave me a giftcard from my favorite bookstore. I'd tell you the price, but I don't know myself. I'm too scared to find out how much money he put in it or else it'll make me want to return it to him, so it's best to leave it a mystery. In return, I gave Jordan a hand-drawn Star Wars poster I got from Star Wars convention but wanted him to have it, I even threw in an easel which ends up he always wanted. For Declan, I gave the latest model of his favorite headphone brand, it was pricey, but it was worth it. Then for Bennett, I gave him a customized "Kiss the Cook" with his username of "BentOverBckwrds1" apron that made him burst out laughing. It was the laugh I really wanted from him, and he promised to always wear it when he cooks for now on.

I plopped down on the couch with hot chocolate and cookies ready for a Christmas movie marathon when the doorbell rang. My first thought were carolers that go door-to-door to sing songs. I got up and opened the door to only look up at a big guy in front of me. I slowly backed away, already sweating under my matching mistletoe pajamas I got last year, and turned to run when the guy grabbed me by the collar. I opened my mouth to scream, but he clamped his hand over my mouth. I struggled to turn around and kick him wear the sun doesn't shine, making him let go of me. Then another guy came at me, and grabbed me from behind. I punched him on the nose and was about to kick him in the jewels so he can end up like his friend when I heard someone snapped their fingers.