[13] - 𝘯𝘰𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥

CIVILIANS WERE JUST about done boarding the lifeboats. Y/N was helping people up the ramps with Clint. Natasha was nearby trying to calm the Hulk so Bruce can re-emerge.

A civilian on the lifeboat began calling out for her little brother, which Clint took notice of. He looked to his left, and saw the child by the marketplace stuck under debris. Clint wasn't going to leave that kid to die.

Y/N saw Clint run back into the city, and called out. "Barton!"

Y/N helped the last of the people onto the aircraft, ran off to follow him. As he got into the city, he heard a jet flying by. Ultron was flying the Avengers Quinjet, and began raining gunfire.

Steve and Thor jumped away from the path of the bullets, and Y/N leaped behind a truck to avoid it too. Clint picked up the boy and turned around, only to see the jet's gunfire coming towards him. Clint crouched down and tried to shield the boy, preparing to sacrifice himself.

Suddenly, he felt a gust of wind as the gunfire passed by. Clint looked up, and saw Pietro in front of him. Bullet holes riddled his torso.

"You didn't see that coming." Pietro breathed out his final words, before falling to the floor.

Clint looked on in shock. Y/N ran up to them, and saw Pietro's body. He went down on a knee to examine his body, speechless. 

Nearby, Wanda felt it. She felt as if the connection between her and her brother was severed. She cried out, dropping to her knees. She emitted a powerful wave of energy due to her grief which disintegrated nearby robots.

Thor witnessed Pietro's death, he wanted this to be over already

Thor witnessed Pietro's death, he wanted this to be over already. He swung his hammer and flew back to the Trigger at the church. Steve ran up to Y/N and Clint, seeing Pietro's body. Like Y/N, he was speechless.

Clint kept carrying the boy he saved, and Y/N carried Pietro's body back to the lifeboat. Clint gave the boy back to his sister, and watched Y/N lay Pietro down on the floor by a set of seats. The young agent sat down with a sigh, then put his face in his hands. Clint laid on another set of seats across Y/N. He looked down at Pietro, the man who saved him, and in turn also saved the boy.

• • •

ULTRON WAS THROWN out of the jet by the Hulk, and the robot crashed into an abandoned bus. He laid there, until the grieving witch stumbled upon him. She swirled red energy at her fingertips.

"Wanda." Ultron spoke. "If you stay here, you'll die."

Wanda crouched down near Ultron, "I just did. Do you know how it felt?"

Wanda used her powers to rip Ultron's mechanical heart out of his chest. She held it in her hand. "It felt like that."

Meanwhile, the Doomsday Trigger was left unattended. A mangled robot crawled towards the core, and powered it down.

The city of Sokovia began to fall.

Steve quickly leaped onto one of the lifeboats. Tony was below the rock trying every way to stop the plunge. Y/N heard the rock beginning to fall, and looked over the edge, seeing the city fall.

Y/N hoped that every Avenger (that couldn't fly) was safe, so he radioed Steve.

"Rogers. Is Nat and Wanda on board with you?" He asked.

"Nat is aboard the carrier already. Is Maximoff not with you?" Steve replied.

Y/N looked around frantically, she wasn't on board.

"Shit." He muttered to himself. He began to radio Tony. "Stark! Wanda is still in the city."

Tony didn't respond, but Vision did. "I can sense her location, L/N. I'm on my way."

Y/N sighed in relief. "I appreciate it, Vis."

That was the first time somebody very gave a nickname to the android. Y/N was gonna use it from now on.

• • •

TONY WAITED FOR THE RIGHT MOMENT, then called out to Thor when it was time.

"Now!" Tony shouted.

Thor brought his hammer down onto the core, emitting a massive shockwave across the city. The city began to crumble, and ultimately the entire rock broke into millions of pieces. Tony and Thor flew away as the debris plunged into the waters below.

Sokovia was destroyed, and all that was left from where it stood was a crater.

Vision carried Wanda to the lifeboat and put her down. Y/N ran up to them. "Are you okay?"

Wanda didn't respond, and only Vision replied. "I'll be back. I have to take care of something."

Vision flew away towards the forest below, to confront what remained of Ultron.

"Pietro..." Wanda finally spoke with her voice breaking, "What happened?"

"I...I'm sorry..." the young man barely got out.

Wanda continued to cry again. Y/N didn't know what to say or do at first, but ended up offering a hug. To his surprise, she took it, and the two embraced. Unbeknownst to him, Wanda wanted the comfort.

"Did you...leave him?" Wanda asked during the embrace, and Y/N knew what she meant.

"No...we made sure not to. Nobody gets left behind." Y/N replied.

"Let me see him." Wanda said getting out of the hug and wiping her tears.

Specter nodded, and guided her to where he laid Pietro.

• • •

WHAT HAD REMAINED of Ultron climbed out of the crater. The sentry he embodied stood in the forest, and faced The Vision, who expected his arrival.

"You're afraid." Vision told him.

"Of you?" Ultron rebutted.

"Of death. You're the last one."

Ultron walked closer, "You were supposed to be the last. Stark asked for a savior and settled for a slave."

"I suppose we are both disappointments."

Ultron laughed. "I suppose we are."

"Humans are odd. They think order and chaos are somehow opposites and try to control what won't be. But there is grace in their failings. I think you missed that."

"They're doomed."

Vision looked down, "Yes. But a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts. It's a privilege to be among them."

"You're unbearably naive."

"Well..." Vision paused. "I was born yesterday."

Ultron tried to attack Vision, but the android used his Mind Stone to blast Ultron into oblivion, ending him for good.