Chapter 6

M A K I ~

"Mr. Tenzo?" Maki whispered, walking down the stairs slightly faster than she usually did. Tenzo didn't answer, so she guessed he hadn't heard her. She had woken up from a nightmare, or a dream and couldn't sleep.

There was a large beast and it growled at her. She couldn't see it fully, but it's eyes and fangs were enough to scare her even though she tried speaking nicely to it.

She was scared, and though she disliked admitting that, she was human. And humans get scared, it was a natural emotion.

Besides, she seriously didn't think it was a dream. I mean, when she woke up the pain in her stomach increased and she could barely bend to get up or check her stomach, but when she did nothing was on her belly.

She wondered where her MP3 went, and guessed Tenzo had it with him.

It was the one thing that helped her go back to sleep.

She loved listening to artists like her personal favorites, Shawn Mendes, KHALID. She was the type to listen to calm, pop songs, and they never failed to help her sleep if her mind decided she was tired.

"Maki? Whats wrong?" Her bright blue eyes swirled with a familiar emotion that he had recognized, and even though it had only been an hour since she was sent upstairs he had guessed she probably saw or felt something bad that scared her.

His teammates watched them carefully, as Maki smiled at them before frowning.

"Have you seem my MP3?" He tilted his head a little in question. 

"MP3...?" She nodded and walked closer, motioning her hands into the shape of her rectangular device.

"The small black object?"

"Oh..." He walked to the kitchen before returning with the object that had earbuds wrapped around it.

He bent down and placed it in her small hands.

"We couldn't find out what it was, could you explain?" She nods, walking up to the table and struggling to get up onto a chair until a chuckle interrupted her and a hand lifted her into the chair.

She sent a thankful grin to the person.

"Thank you, Ko-San." He nodded, having already met the girl.

She unwrapped the headphones from the MP3 and unplugged them, placing them away and trying to turn it on.

Her cheeks puffed out in sadness once she realized it was dead.

"It needs to be charged..." She muttered.

A sudden idea sparked inside her head and she looked at Kakashi who boredly looked back. She grabbed his hand that he lazily allowed to be lead.