24

•Feel Better Yet?•Word count 1230

•Feel Better Yet?•
Word count 1230

"Wanna smoke.....it will take the sadness away?" Riven asks Adelina as he try's to hand her a cigarette. "No Riv." Adelina mumbled in response as she rested her head in her hands. She said she wanted to be alone yet here she was sitting on Rivens bed with him. "Do you still think you're a monster?" Riven asked her curiously. She looked over at him, he was laying on his stomach as he smoked a cigarette. "I just don't want to hurt anyone again." Adelina tells him truthfully. She sighs as she lays down on her back and closes her eyes. The moment she closes her eyes the image of Sky getting burned by her flashed through her mind. She immediately sat back up as she tried to take deep breaths. "You got any alcohol in here?" Adelina asked Riven in an urgent tone.

Riven smirked as he quickly got off of the bed. "You..... Adelina....want alcohol?" He asks in her disbelief. Adelina doesn't respond as he rummages through his drawer and pulls out a small bottle of whiskey. "You only drink alcohol at party's....." Riven tells her as he hands her the bottle. "I'm taking a page out of your book..... drink the pain away." Adelina mutters as she puts the bottle up to her lips and starts chugging it. Rivens smile fell as he looked at her. This wasn't her and he knew it. "That's probably not the best idea!" Riven warns her. He takes the bottle out of her mouth and puts the cap back on it. "I wasn't finished!" Adelina yells angrily. "What are you doing Adi? This isn't you." Riven tells her softly. "I don't wanna feel.... anything anymore Riv." Adelina mumbles as a fake laugh leaves her lips. Riven kept his eyes on her as she refused to meet his gaze.

"The bottle was filled with tea not whiskey." Adelina mumbles as she sits down on the bed. "I know.... Sky replaced it with tea... he hates when I drink." Riven replies softly as he sits down next to her. "Why won't you let me spiral out of control.... why won't you just admit that I'm unstable?" Adelina asks him angrily. Her eyes still remained on the floor because she knew if she looked at Riven she would cry. "I know who you are Adi..... you're the most caring person I know and you don't smoke or drink unless you're at a party... you follow the rules and you're perfect at everything you do...... and not being able to control your powers kills you..... and you try so hard to be perfect but you don't need to try and be perfect..... you already are." Riven explains to her. "I hurt him..... I hurt Sky...." Adelina whispers as she rests her head in her hands. She felt a gentle hand rub her back. Riven tried to calm her down as he ran his fingers over her back. "You messed up..... it happens and Sky knows you didn't do it on purpose......everyone else here is struggling as much as you are they are just better at hiding it." Riven reassures her.

Adelina lifted her head up and locked eyes with Riven. She felt herself take a deep breathe as she gave him a soft smile. "I don't deserve you." She whispers softly as she grabs his hand. "If anyone doesn't deserve the other person here it's me." Riven replies sarcastically as he squeezes her hand. Their eyes stayed locked on one another as they both couldn't seem to look away. Riven brought his hand up to Adelinas face as he gently pushed a piece of her hair out of her eyes. His hand remained on her face as his eyes flickered to her lips. "I don't want to feel broken anymore." Adelina whispered softly as her eyes remained on him. Adelina scooted her body closer to Rivens body as he started to lean in. Riven placed his lips on Adelinas with an uncontrollable hunger. The moment their lips met Adelina felt butterflies erupt in her stomach. Their lips moved in synch as they both refused to pull away from each other. Adelina moved her body onto Rivens lap as his hands wandered around her body. Riven slipped his tongue inside of Adelinas mouth catching her completely off guard. Adelina ran her hands through Rivens hair causing him to smirk into the kiss. Adelina slowly started grinding her hips on Rivens lap. Riven cleared his throat as he pulled away from the kiss. Adelina gave him a confused look as he gently pushed her body off of him.

"I can't do this." Riven tells her quietly. "What the hell does that mean?" Adelina asks him sharply. "This... whatever this is with us..... I can't." Riven tells her sharply as he gestures to the both of them. "Why not?" Adelina asked him sharply. "You deserve someone better Adi...... I can't give you what you want.... I'm not a relationship kind of guy....." Riven warns her. "I don't want anyone else Riv.... if it hasn't been completely obvious I want you." Adelina tells him sharply. "I'm just gonna hurt you.... get out while you can." Riven tells her sharply as he gestures to the door. "You don't get to tell me whether or not I can like you Riven!" Adelina yells at him in disbelief. Riven took a deep breathe as his eyes locked with Adelinas. She looked like she was going to cry at any moment. "I can't." Riven tells her softly. "You could have just told me you didn't like me... you didn't have to lead me on this entire time." Adelina replies sharply. "No! Adi!" Riven yelled but she was already slamming the door and leaving. The moment she left Riven picked up the bottle of whiskey and threw it across the room and watched as it shattered and spilled across the room.

Riven hated that he made her upset. It wasn't that he didn't want her because...he did want her he just didn't know what to do with his feelings. He didn't want to get hurt and he didn't want to hurt her. He liked the way things were with them at the moment and he didn't want to ruin it but he just did. Riven shook his head in disbelief as he ran out the door and chased after her. He sprinted into the hallway and looked in both directions but she was already gone. He assumed she would be outside so he headed that way. He didn't even know what he was going to tell her. He arrived at the stone circle and his eyes landed on Adelina as she sat alone staring down at the ground. He slowly sat down beside her. She glanced over at him before quickly looking away. She quickly wiped her tears away as she cleared her throat. "The only way you could hurt me is by not wanting me." Adelina whispered as her voice cracked. "Believe me... I want you..... I just..... I've watched my parents fall apart over and over again and I can't do that to you Adi.... I can't do it to you.... not when I've never felt this strongly about anyone before." Riven tells her softly.

_______________________________
It's the commitment issues for me 👀