XIV.

Chapter Fourteen.

"I'm so fancy! You already knowww! I'm in the fast lane, from LA to Tokyo!" Both India and Harmony sung along with Iggy Azalea, although Harmony's wording was a bit off due to her only being three years old. Twelve year old Zealand groaned, slumping down in the backseat. He hated this song with a passion. All of the girls in his 7th grade class sung it on a daily, and now he had to hear it from his mom and baby sister.

"Ma, can we please listen to something else?" He begged, making India laugh. "Okay okay, Zee. What would you like to listen to?" She asked.

"Hmm.." He thought for a second. "Oh! Can we listen to some Rich Homie Quan?" His eyes lit up.

"Rich who?" His mother asked with a confused look on her face.

"Rich Homie Quan, ma. He's a popular rapper." Zealand explained.

"Oh, okay. Let me see.." India went to ITunes, typing in his name. She clicked on the first song that popped up, which was 'Type of Way'. As the beat kicked in, Zealand began nodding his head.

"My nigga been hustlin' tryna make him something, ain't no telling what he'll do for the paper." He rapped, bleeping out the N word of course. Harmony nodded her head along with him, trying to look cool like her big brother.

He took off his snapback that he was wearing, placing it backwards on her head. "Look Ma, Harmony is back here thuggin'." Zealand exclaimed. India looked at her daughter through the rear view mirror and began to crack up laughing. "Lord have mercy, y'all are something else." She said in between laughs.

"Zee, your daddy is calling. Answer the phone for me." India said, cutting the music off and handing her ringing phone to her son.

"Hello? Hey pops." Zealand answered, holding the phone to his ear.

"Ma, pops said when will we be home?"

"Tell him in about ten minutes. I have to stop for gas right quick." India said.

"She said in like ten minutes because we gotta get gas."

Zealand conversed on the phone with Eddie for a little while longer, then ended the call and sat his mother's phone back in the cup holder.

India pulled into the nearest gas station, which was a Chevron. She went to pump six, then put her car in park. "Okay y'all, I'll be back in a minute. I'm just going in to pay for the gas." She told her kids, mainly talking to Zealand since Harmony was too busy munching on some Goldfish.

"Alright ma." He said. India took the keys out of the ignition and grabbed her wallet. She exited the car, shutting the drivers side door behind her once she got out.

Zealand dug in the bag of Goldfish that his sister was eating, making her frown and snatch away. "No Zee! It's mine." She said sassily. He smacked his lips, "Don't be stingy. I share with you all the time. Matter of fact, I gave you most of my fruit snacks earlier."

The three year old thought about it for a second, before reluctantly letting her brother have some of her snack. As they both munched, Zealand caught glimpse of an all black Mazda. It looked raggedy, and the windows were darkly tinted. It had a dent in the back, so he guessed that whoever was in the car had gotten hit from behind.

"Juice!" Harmony whined, pointing to the sippy cup that was on the floor of the car. Zealand bent down, picking it up and handing it to her. She stuck the spout in her mouth, drinking the fruit punch that was now room temperature.