chapter 11: season 1 Chapter 3

Disclaimer.

I don't own High School DxD, or any of the other copy right stuff that may be included in this story.

I don't make any money off of it and only write this for my own enjoyment.

If criticism of religion bothers you, please don't read this story. Also, why are you reading DxD, a story which makes heroes out of devils, if criticism of religion bothers you?

A few days after the meeting at the Occult Research Club Sona, Tsubaki, Momo, and Reya had gathered around the student council desk in a circle. They were currently staring at a Sitri Clan summoning flier. After Ambrose had forcefully summoned Rias into his home, Sona had forbidden her servants from using, carrying, or traveling with summoning fliers. She even banned all magical teleportation until they could solve this problem. It was an alarming vulnerability, one that could potentially jeopardize not only her peerage but the entire devil race.

Sona trusted Ambrose and she knew he would never teach anyone else how he did it. Never the less, the simple matter that the vulnerability existed meant that she had to figure out how to counter it. Just because Ambrose wouldn't teach anyone else didn't mean that someone else couldn't figure it out.

"Are you sure we can't invite the Dragon-Slayer over to give us one little demonstration?" Reya, Sona's [Bishop], pleaded for the fifth time.

Ever since Ambrose had revealed himself to be the new immortal alchemist, Reya had been constantly asking Sona to introduce him to her. This wasn't too surprising; the entire reason Reya joined Sona's peerage was so that she could extend her lifespan in order to further her own study and understanding of magic. But something told Sona that Reya wanted to do more than question Ambrose.

"More like study him in depth." Sona privately thought, swearing to herself that she would never allow Reya to be alone with her fiance.

"He explained to me how he did it." Sona replied, effectively shutting down Reya's request for now. "As you know, normal magical transportation requires you to have a clear mental image of where you're going. You can't transport to somewhere you've never been."

"If you can't transport to a place you've never been then how do these fliers work?" Momo curiously asked. "What's the difference between magically transporting yourself versus using the fliers?"

While Momo had been born with magic, she didn't have the same in depth study that Reya and Sona had. Tsubaki was in a similar situation; her early magical training focused more on the esoteric eastern magic which mostly involved dealing with spirits. This differed from western magic which was more robust and had a wider variety of uses. However all magic, even devil's magic, held the same core principles; the manifestation of will power in order to alter the world around them. The only difference was the techniques that were used and the methods they used to applied magic.

Reya studied all of these aspects of magic, and because of this Sona felt that Reya would be an excellent magical instructor once her school was built.

"The difference is in the details." Reya explained to Momo, "Transporting yourself is 'first person transportation' and you have to know where you're going. When it's you and someone else it's 'second person transportation' and at least one person has to know where they're going. When creating a magical circle to only transport someone else it's 'third person transportation', and the person who activates the magic has to know where to go. Still, each different type involves someone knowing where the destination is."