Chapter 14: Season 1, Chapter 6

Disclaimer.

I don't own High School DxD, or any of the other copy right stuff that may be included in this story.

I don't make any money off of it and only write this for my own enjoyment.

If criticism of religion bothers you, please don't read this story. Also, why are you reading DxD, a story which makes heroes out of devils, if criticism of religion bothers you?

Sona and her sister, Serafall, had wound up chatting till 3 am discussing everything, from the relevant to the irrelevant. Sona had told her Onee-sama a bit about her new fiance including what she knew about his past, his love of alchemy, his hobbies, and a bit of the things she saw in his garden; making sure to highlight on how well he'd fit within the Sitri Clan. What Sona found most odd was that Serafall didn't pout or protest, she seemed strangely curious about the young man who was now unexpectedly engaged to her beloved So-tan. Sona also made sure to ask her Onee-sama about how things were going in her personal life. Serafall was all too happy to talk about the latest episodes of her show "Miracle Levia-tan", and how excited she was about the brand new season of "Magical Girl Milky Spiral". While Sona didn't share her sister's fixation on magical girls, she did promise to obtain a copy of the new season for her Onee-sama.

Once their conversation was over Sona decided retire for the night so she could try to get a few hours sleep before her date later the same day.

"Let's hope it turns out better than the last date we had." Sona thought, recalling the burning of the churches in Oasis.

Setting that memory aside, she finished her bedtime rituals before trying to get some sleep.

There was only one problem.

The Potent Invigoration Potion was truly a marvel.

"Yet also quite bothersome", Sona disappointingly thought as she looked at the clock that read 6 am.

Sona hadn't slept a wink since her fiance had handed her a vial of Potent Invigoration Potion at 2 am on Saturday morning. That meant that she would have unlimited stamina until 2 pm on Sunday, today. After that the potion would slowly wear off for 8 to 10 more hours, meaning her body would crash from exhaustion some time between 10 pm and midnight. In the meantime, Sona was left with trying to find things to occupy her time. Thanks to 'Osmosis' her homework was done and there was no point in studying since she had memorized her entire scholastic books. Her peerage would still be in the Underworld until later tonight and they'd be exhausted when they arrived, so there was no point in scheduling activities for them.

"So bored."Sona thought as she looked at the clock again.

6:15 am

Truthfully, she did feel a bit guilty about going out on a date while half of her peerage was in the Underworld helping the Maōs round up terrorists. Nevertheless, any regret she felt over her servants having to work while she had fun was quelled when she reminded herself of tonight's mission. She and Ambrose were going to a fundraising event held by the Governor of Kyoto, the nine-tailed kitsune Yasaka.

"My first diplomatic mission", Sona thought to herself.

She wished she had asked her Onee-sama for some advise; however, it sounded like Serafall presently had enough to worry about. Serafall would no doubt be apprehensive about Sona going into another Governor's territory unannounced, and Sona didn't want to add to her sister's worries.