Broken Promise

"Shin Ryujin, please slowly open your eyes." The doctor said as he successfully took off the bandage wrapped around the short-haired girl's eyes.

Ryujin slowly opened her eyes and spent seconds wandering around as things seem a little bit blurry but as minutes go by, everything started to get clearer and clearer.

Ryujin stood up and let out a big smile at the three girls in front of her while trying to contain her tears. "You guys are so pretty."

One of her friends noticed that the girl who just regained her vision is observing them while looking for someone. "Ryujin, she's not here."

"W-why? did she go s-somewhere?" The short-haired girl said and let the tears fall down from her eyes.

The doctor, on the other hand, felt a little bit curious on the small situation they were facing. "Why? is there someone you want to see?" The doctor asked the girl who had a worried look on her face.

Ryujin sat down and hugged her knees while thinking of someone. For a brief moment, she reminisced about her relationship with the girl who protected her and stayed by her side.

"M-my girlfriend." The short-haired girl weakly said.

"I think I saw her leave a few hours ago. When your surgery was about to start." The doctor said and earned a confused look from Ryujin.

"W-what? b-but she told me that she will wait for me until my surgery is done." Ryujin said and covered her eyes with her hands and started crying so much.

Lia sat down besides the short-haired girl and started patting her back to comfort her. "Ryujin, calm down. Yeji probably went out to surprise you or buy you something. For now, breathe and tell us how your eyes are doing and what you are seeing." Lia asked while looking at Ryujin's eyes.

Ryujin wiped her tears and let out a smile. "I-I can see light, equipments and beautiful people." Ryujin said and let out a chuckle.

--

"Ryujin Unnie, now that you got your sight back, what'll you do next?" Yuna asked while cuddling with her girlfriend on the couch.

Ryujin started tapping her chin with her index finger while thinking of an answer. "I'll probably be a photographer again but first, I have to buy a camera." Ryujin said and let out a pout.

"Jeez, digital cameras are expensive." Lia said and rested her head on her hand.

"Yep. By the way, where's Chaeryeong?" Ryujin asked while looking around her house to find her friend.

"I don't know too. Chaeryeong just randomly keeps on disappearing. I'm convinced that she's dating someone else. I should face her later and break up with her because I can't handle her anymore. She promised me that she'll spend the rest of her life with me but where the hell is she?" Lia said and started massaging her temple.

"What do you mean? I'm right here." Chaeryeong said while sitting down on the floor and holding a box.

"Oh... hi, Chaeryeong." Lia said and stood up to check on her girlfriend. "What's that?" Lia asked out of curiosity.

"The doctor told me that Yeji left this box before she left." Chaeryeong said that caught the short-haired girl's attention.

Ryujin stood up and hopped her way to her friend. "What is it?"

Chaeryeong slowly opened the box to reveal what's inside. The box opened and inside it is an expensive digital camera.

Ryujin's eyes widened and tears started to fall from her eyes. "W-what? s-she bought m-me a c-camera?" Ryujin said and fell down to the ground and started crying.

"There's a letter." Lia said and took out a piece of paper from the box.

"W-what? l-let me see." Ryujin said while wiping her tears and took the letter from Chaeryeong's hand.

"Shin Ryujin, I'm sorry if I didn't show up after your surgery. It's not that I wasn't confident to show my face to you, I just had to take care of something. If something happens to me and I disappear for a long time, please do not waste your time and find me. Do me a favor and start living your life and chase your dreams."

Ryujin dropped the piece of paper and cried even more as she felt really confused. "W-what is she trying to say? i-is she sick?"

"I'm confused too, Ryujin." Lia said and gave a sad look at the short-haired girl.

"What does she mean by "if something happens to me, don't find me"? seeing those words make me more eager to find her." Ryujin said and rested her body on the floor and started sobbing.

"Jeez, I don't know what's happening." Yuna said while cuddling with her girlfriend and watching a TV show.

"Me too." Wonyoung said and let out a pout.

"I'm tired. Let's just sleep." Yuna said and hugged Wonyoung like a bolster.

"Okay. Goodnight, Yuna." Wonyoung said in joy and planted a kiss on Yuna's lips.

--
- 2 days later -

"God, what an exhausting day." Ryujin said and sighed in relief as she entered Lia's house.

"How was your training today?" Lia asked out of curiosity while watching TV with her girlfriend.

"I still got it." Ryujin said and let out a smile at her friends. "I did good today. I just hope Yeji is here." Ryujin said and faced the floor with a sad face.

"Shin Ryujin, don't be sad. I'm sure that Yeji will come back." Chaeryeong said and stood up from the couch to comfort the short-haired girl.

"Y-yeah, I'm sure about that too." Ryujin said while trying to contain her tears. "A-anyways, still no news about Yeji?" Ryujin asked and took off her sunglasses.

"Nope." Chaeryeong said and let out a pout. "Why are you wearing sunglasses, Ryujin?"

"Oh, I'm still not used to sunlight." Ryujin said and let out a chuckle. "Anyways, I'll try to call Yeji. Lia, can you turn off the TV just for a few minutes?" Ryujin asked her friend who is watching the news.

"Okay." Lia said and grabbed the remote.

BREAKING NEWS: A tall female was found injured in a dark alley. Cops confirmed that the victim is from prison whose name is Hw-

"There." Lia said and smiled.

"Thank you." Ryujin said and tried to call the cat-eyed girl.

After a few minutes of waiting, Ryujin ran out of patients. "Yeji's not picking up. It's not fucking ringing!" Ryujin yelled in frustration and threw her phone to the wall.

"Ryujin, calm down." Lia said and approached the crying girl.

'Where are you, Hwang Yeji?'