Chapter 10A

Soobin's POV

"YOU SURE YOU don't want to eat dinner here?"

Bahiyyih asked me as we left their house. Their dad invited me for dinner but I declined. My sister and I talked about having dinner outside. She and her boyfriend are still staying strong, but I still don't accept him as my sister's boyfriend until now. I was surprised that she was willing to go out with me because I knew they always date — like every day.

I was already out of the gate when the two of us saw Kai and Yuna walking in the distance. They both are teasing and laughing together. Kai hardly accompanies us every time he goes home because he and Yuna have always been together for the past few weeks. I actually talked to him the other day about their relationship, all he said is that they're friends no more than that. I just nodded even though I felt more than what he said.

"Yuna Unnie!"

Bahiyyih ran to greet Yuna with a hug. Yuna spread her arms as she welcomes Bahiyyih.

I laughed when I saw Kai looks annoyed. It looks like Bahiyyih's sibling si Yuna not Kai.

Kai parted the two of them.

"You shouldn't do that every time you saw your Yuna Unnie!"

"Why do you care? You're not the one I'm hugging?"

Yuna laughed at the them. Bahiyyih clung her arms into Yuna's.

"Join us for dinner!" Bahiyyih said as she drags Yuna inside their house.

"You're not going to have dinner here?"

I shook my head "I should go now."

I walked towards our house. I went straight to my room to get dressed. I felt so sticky, we had physical education earlier and we were asked to run 5 lapses.

I wore a brown v neck long sleeve and black pants paired with white sneakers. I just parted my hair on the side.

I left the room when I was ready. I went downstairs and saw Noona waiting in the living room.

Arin Noona is wearing a white off-shoulder and brown tartan skirt. She's also wearing a white sneakers like me and she curled her hair.

"Let's go?" She excitedly said.

I nodded. She approached me. I walked with her as we left the house. I didn't bother to get my key because I know she would drive.

"Where is your boyfriend? It's a miracle you're free today?" I looked at her as we sat inside the car.

"He has a lot of work to do. I can't disturb him since he might not finish them." She replied.

I didn't utter. I don't want to continue talking about that guy but I can't help but ask. I realize now why Noona is free lately. I just don't understand why he lets Noona go out with him for date even though Noona has a lot of things to do. She's that serious to him but I don't know if her boyfriend feels the same way towards her. I really have that bad feeling about the guy.

"Isn't that Lia?" Noona asked.

We got out of the car and were inside the mall to find a restaurant where we could eat. Noona and Lia know each other. Noona saw us together the other day.

"Lia!"

She ran towards Lia. I saw Lia's shocked expression when she heard Noona's voice.

She is still in uniform. It seems to like she have gone straight here after our class ended.

"Why are you here, Jul? You're with your friends?" I heard Noona ask Lia when I got close to the two of them.

"I'm waiting for my parents, Arin Unnie."

I look at my watch. It's already past eight in the evening, does that mean she was waiting here since five?

"Did you text them already? Join us us first while you wait for them." I insert myself to their conversation.

Lia looked at me. I smiled at her. She also smiled back at me.

We went around the mall to find a restaurant to eat. The two women with me are busy chatting now as if I am not with them. I'm invisibly third-wheeling here.

We entered a restaurant they want to go.

"Table for 2?" The waiter asked.

Noona looked at me. "Table for 3 please."

The waiter looked at me when he realized that I was with them. How great will this day be, huh?

I quietly followed them as the waiter pointed out where we would sit.

"Waiter!"

Noona even raised one of her hands.

The waiter immediately approached. Noona said what our orders are. A whole pizza, spaghetti, and fries.

"What course are you going to take in college?" Noona looked at Lia.

"Anything related to business," Lia answered. "I've been exposed to that field since I was a kid."

"Yes, you told me that your family owns a publishing company. I've seen the latest published book, it was so good!"

The two of them talked a lot while I was just sitting quietly on the side, listening. Earlier they were talking about what college course Lia would take and now Noona is crying.

I just close my eyes in shame because of what she is doing. She was crying for her stupid boyfriend. She said she felt as if her boyfriend was slowly moving away from her like her boyfriend would just disappear like a bubble.

"Maybe your boyfriend is already with a woman right now." I teased her.

A pillow flew towards me. It was Noona who threw it.

Lia glared at me.

"What?"

She shook her head before turning her attention back to my older sister to calm her down and tell her not to think about what I said earlier.

"I was just joking." I whispered in Lia's ear.

Noona was already paying what we ate as we waited near the door. She ignores me. She's still angry with what I said earlier.

"But what if it comes true? What about your Noona?"

My forehead crease. What is she saying? I was just joking but here she is making a big deal out of it.

"Words are powerful, Soobin. They either create or destroy life. So be careful with what you're saying."