Chapter 4 : beware of best friends, they make you regret life decisions

The next morning, the cat had vanished once again...
You really needed to find him a name, you couldn't keep on referring to him as "the cat"...

Eh... you were known to be lazy...

At least today you wouldn't be late.
You turned off your alarm and quickly got ready for work.

Your day went on as usual, with a talkative Yeonji brightening up your day:

"Yah, you must have already replaced me! We haven't had a girl's night out in months! And don't get me started on your appartement! I swear it's like I'm banned from there! You barely invite me over anymore! When's the last time I went there? Now I feel like the only way I can see you outside of work is if I kidnap you!" she rambled on in complaint, giving you her signature puppy eyes.

She wasn't entirely wrong, the last time you had gone out together was ages ago. You missed all the good times you had with her outside of work...

"Don't be so dramatic Yeon! We've both been super busy! But you've got a point, how about we go for some drinks after work?"

"KYAHHHHHHHHH" she excitedly exclaimed, abruptly standing up and having a little happy dance moment.

"Hey keep it down!" you whisper-yelled at her as some of your coworkers turned around in bewilderment as your friend jumped around as if that was the most normal thing to do in an office full of people working and minding their own businesses.

"Sorry" she giggled as she quickly bowed apologetically and sat back down, turning her attention back to her desk.

The day got by quickly, excitement building up as the both of you scrutinized the ticking clock, until your shift was finally over.

As soon as the excruciatingly slow hand indicated the intensely awaited for hour, Yeonji quickly grabbed you and skipped arm in arm out of the office and into the bright city lights.

"So? Where to?!" Yeonji enthusiastically tugged on your arm inquisitively, looking around.

"How about here?" you pointed at an animated pub at the end of the street.

Yeonji smiled in agreement as you determinedly walked to the bar.

The night passed by sweetly as you joked and drank, quickly feeling the heat of the alcohol rising up to your cheeks, dissipating all your worries. (drinking is bad kids don't reproduce this bad bad behavior)

Sadly, it was getting more than late and eventually you both went your separate ways, tripping over yourselves as you walked home.

Once in front of your apartment, you struggled to put the key in its hole, helplessly jamming it all over the door.

After several tries though, you did finally succeed in opening up your door, greeted by the sight of the white cat at his usual spot.

"Kittyyyyyy" you slurred as you bent to clumsily pick him up "I wuve you sooo much!!!" You held him close to you, squishing the poor creature against you.

You peppered the fluffy cat with little kisses all over his soft fur before letting him go and walking to your room like an elegant zombie.

You let out an enormous yawn as you crashed on your bed, lazily getting out your phone to let your friend know you got home safely and to check on her as well. (Such a nice couple of friends you were, weren't you)

The cat stood in the bedroom doorway, his head tilted as he looked at your messy form inquisitively.

"Come here kittyyy" you mumbled as you made grabby hands for him, pouting.