Chapter 9

"There you are, son!"

I glanced up from my desk to see Riccardo standing by the door. Why is he here?

"What do you want?" I groaned.

"Don't talk to your elders like that," he shook his head. I rolled my eyes and shoved the files to the side.

"Don't forget, you work for me," I snapped back.

He waved his hand at me and approached my desk. Usually, he only stops by when he wants to discuss his daughter or just business.

The Bianchis considered Riccardo to be a friend, which he wasn't. Riccardo started working for me when I once saved his family from bankruptcy. What Giavanni didn't was his so-called friend have been feeding me information about him. I hated that man to death. Ever since he killed my father.

"I just wanted to pay you a little visit," Riccardo grinned and I raised my brow in suspicion. Sure old man. Let's hear it, why are you really here.

"Don't waste my time Riccardo," I hissed. He raised his hand in surrender and sat down on the couch in front of me.

"I was going to suggest a proposal," he smiled and from that, I knew immediately what he meant. He was talking about an actual proposal. With his daughter. That Fucking brat.

"You can do as much convincing, and I can't stress this enough, I do not care about your daughter and have no intention of marrying her," I simply said. I'm not marrying that whore. Or any other woman for that matter.

"Riccardo, I don't want to marry that suka. Just leave," I looked him dead in the eyes.

His face dropped at my choice of words. That bitch is not going to take my last name. Why was it so important I become his son in law? Fuck if I care. It took everything in me to stop myself from placing a bullet between his eyes.

"Adria-" I cut him off "I have your life in my hands, Riccardo. Your wife and daughter will have to suffer your consequences. Do me a favor and leave my office," I seethed.

I sometimes wonder why I still keep helping him. I've known him for years. He has been working and feeding me information for years. He has always been loyal. And I made sure of that. None of my men dare to even think about betraying me.

Standing up from the couch, he took a few steps towards the door. I finally grab a hold of another file on my desk before I notice him still standing, at the same spot.

"Before I leave, I must ask you something," he asked full of curiosity.

I rolled my eyes and stayed silent, focusing on the file. "What is Giavanni's stepdaughter doing here? Is she a waitress here?" I shot my head up. What? His stepdaughter?

"I'd never hire a Bianchi," I scoffed.

"Then what is Maria's girl doing at your club this very moment? I saw her with one of your other waitresses. I knew she looked familiar," he spoke.

Then, I thought of Valentina. "What was her name?" he asked, and I sighed. Great, he's going amnesic now.

I shook my head, "Valentina. Is that it?" I asked.

"Yes! Valentina Russo," he looked shocked. "I haven't heard anything about her in years, I'm surprised I even  recognized the girl,"

"No, she's not Maria Bianchi's daughter," I denied. There's just no way. Why would a Bianchi be here?

"Her mother left her and her father years ago Adrian. She then married Giavanni, I'm sure it's her," he pushed. Valentina is half Italian? I should've just checked her portfolio goddammit.

"I didn't know Maria was her mother," I admit honestly.

She caught my eye the moment she stepped into my office. Why did she have to be Italian? The Italians were my biggest threat. "You should probably take care of that, I must leave now," he said as he left my office.

I pulled out my phone and called Dave, my PI. "Evening Mr. Ivanov,"

"I want you to find everything you can about Valentina Russo," I instructed. "Yes sir, I'll call you back in an hour," he replied and I hung up.

I was about to presume my work when I heard a knock on the door. I had to finish my job here at the club before I move back to the warehouse. I needed to open another Ivanov headquarters.

"Come in,"

Ashley walked in, she's been a stripper for two years now. "You said to meet you here at this time during my last shift," she smirked. Did I? I don't remember telling her anything. She raised her brow.

"Adrian, let me take care of you,"

"Wh-" she cut me off "I can sense the stress," she walked closer until she was in front of my desk. "Never cut me off," I gritted my teeth. She smiled apologetically.

She leaned down and placed her hands on my desk, flashing her boobs.

"I'm busy," I tell her.

What was this bitch even talking about? I groaned from the sight of her tits on display.

Fuck it, "Lock the door," I say.

She excitedly went back and locked the door before she jumps on me. She sat on my lap and started grinding on me.

• • •

"Valentina Russo, let me send you everything on her right now," Dave spoke into my phone. "Good," I hung up and opened a file sent by Dave.

Name: Valentina Rose Russo

Sex: Female           

Birthday: January 10, 2002

Age: 19

Height: 5'6

Eye Color: Blue

Occupation: Waitress at Berry's Cafe

Parents: Maria Russo Bianchi and Ben Thompson.

                  Maria Russo and Ben Thompson are no longer together, she married Giavanni Bianchi back in 2017.

                   Ben Thompson, currently battling stage 2 cancer.     

School: Valentina attended Johnson High and graduated with a 4.0 GPA.

Address:  Downtown Brooklyn, Maindane St. Pearl. Apt.F8

The information on my phone was basic information about Valentina. I wanted to know why she applied for the job here. Was this Giavanni's doing? Why would his stepdaughter work for me?

Better question, why was she living in such a dangerous area? Surely Giavanni and Maria could've gotten her a safer place to stay. That scumbag is planning something and Valentina is part of it.

I stood up from my chair and went to grab my coat before leaving the office. Whatever Giavanni's planning, I'll make sure to find out.