Meeting baby Aera ||

In a cold Wednesday evening, in the month of December, the white corridor seemed pretty empty, just an old lady at a distance from where the father and his two sons were sitting. The younger boy sighed, standing up, tired of waiting since the last hour, and looked at his dad. He tugged on his shirt, getting no response which only made him pout and turn to his brother.

"Hyungie," he whispered.

"What is it Kookie?" The twelve-year-old asked tearing his eyes off the door with 'Maternity Ward' written on it.

"When are we going back?" Jungkook asked, "I don't wanna stay here, its so weird."

"We'll go home soon, but we have to wait for mom. She's getting a new family member right?" Jimin explained to his younger brother. Their eyes shifted back to the door as it slid open and a doctor came out with two nurses beside her.

"Congratulations Mr Jeon, its a baby girl," The doctor smiled, glancing inside the room.

"Thank you doctor" Jaehyun, the father, said happily, "Thank you so much. Can we go in?"

"Yes of course" She nodded and looked at the two boys, "Your mom has gifted you a lovely baby sister and guess what?" She leaned down closer to youngest boy.

"What?" He said tilting his head at an angle.

"She's waiting to meet her brothers. Are you both excited?"

"Yes!" Jimin nodded eagerly, but noticed that his brother wasn't that interested in meeting the new sibling. "No need to come Kookie, I'll go with Dad!" He said with a 'hmph' and held his father's hand pulling him inside the room earning chuckles from the elders.

"I just wanna go home..." Jungkook mumbled and turned around leaning on the wall. Why would he go in when his brother said not to come? He's got some pride to take care of.

"Mom!" Jimin chirped and hurried next to her, "Is that my sister?" He asked leaning forward to see what his mother was holding between the bundle of blankets.

"He's been waiting for so long." His father chuckled and sat on the stool near the bed of his wife. She smiled and handed him the new born.

"She's beautiful" He whispered and pressed a soft kiss on his daughter's forehead.

"Show me," Jimin said and stood next to him, "Wow, that's my sister... my baby sister." He whispered, smiling widely. Jaehyun handed him his sister and looked at his wife.

"Thank you, my love," He whispered and leaned forward to kissed her lips, after making sure their son was busy with his sister. "You're the best thing ever happened to me, Eunmi," He said and kissed her forehead.

"Mom! Dad! Look, she's holding my finger!" Jimin said. The parents turned their heads towards him. Eunmi looked around and realized Jungkook wasn't in the room, while Jaehyun stood up and sat near Jimin on the couch.

"Where's Kookie?" She asked.

"He's waiting outside." Jimin answered, "He said he wants to go home."

"Go and call him" She said, Jimin nodded and gave the baby to his father before heading to the door. He saw Jungkook slouching on the bench where they were sitting previously.

"Kook, come in, mom is calling you."

"No..." Jungkook shook his head while keeping his eyes fixed on the floor.

"Why not?" Jimin asked and sat beside his brother, "I saw our sister Kook, she's very pretty. You should see her too. She was even holding my finger. I think she loves me already."

"...really?" The younger brother asked.

"Yeah, Let's go see her." The elder brother said patting Jungkook's shoulder, "You're a big brother now Jungkook-ah."