⋆⋅ sixty seven ⋆⋅

╔═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╗
Chapter 67
╚═══*.·:·.★ ✦ ★・:・:*═══╝

"For thy love, I feel ineffable joy."
-unknown

⋆⋅✦⋅ 3rd person⋅✦⋅⋆

After the celebratory countdown, the group had ended stream. Many were lounging on the couch scrolling through social media. Schlatt, Dream, and Techno had gone upstairs to pack, for they had to leave in the morning. The rest of the group was departing the following day.

"where are Ollie and Tommy?" Tubbo asks, noticing the unusual silence.

"they're going on a walk, don't worry though, I've got their location at all times" Wilbur waved his phone in the air.

"wait so they're walking in the snow like those cute couples in the movies?" Ranboo ran towards the window to look, the group followed.

"they're adorable" Iris pouted at the sight of them,

"it's funny isn't it, how they were basically brought together by one donation and Niki" Alex leans against the windowsill.

"Every great love starts with a great story..." Wilbur quoted as the group awed at the young couple.

────── ⋆⋅✦⋅⋆ ──────

⋆⋅✦⋅ Ollie POV⋅✦⋅⋆

As Tommy and I walked through the night streets, it reminded me of another time we ended up taking a night walk. It had only been a couple weeks ago, but it had felt like a lifetime ago. The snow flickered our hair lightly as we strolled, and the cold made the tips of our ears red, but we didn't care. We didn't have a care in the world.

The small town was nearly closing down for the night, older men were stumbling out of the pub drunkenly, families were turning off their lights, everyone had their own lives, and I noticed was that I had one too.

I was living.

We push away what we can never understand. We push away the unimaginable. I never understood living. I thought that truly "living" your life was unimaginable. Turns out, Living has a purpose.

Similar to the last time Tommy and I took a night walk, I pulled out my air pods and turned on my ✨slightly angsty✨ playlist.

a/n: listen to this as you read ☟︎(wet hands, C418)

"wise choice" Tommy chuckled as he took one of my earbuds, our drunkenness had slipped away a little bit, making us slightly more aware of our surroundings.

"I have taste" I grinned.

We looped around the village, and I spotted a bench near the end of the road.

"let's sit" I pulled Tommy to the bench and laid my head on his shoulder. We sat in a peaceful silence for a couple minutes, admiring our surroundings. Admiring our existence.

"We sit silently and watch the world around us. This has taken a lifetime to learn. It seems only the old are able to sit next to one another and not say anything and still feel content. The young, brash, and impatient, must always break the silence. It is a waste, for silence is pure. Silence is holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking" I spoke softly,