⤷ 07| THE SORTING HAT'S NEW SONG

chapter seven : the Sorting Hat's new song

☆ ☆ ☆

The week passed too fast and soon enough, Juniper found herself sitting between Charlie and Timothée at the kitchen table. Molly had organized a small goodbye feast and June was currently enjoying the lovely meal the red haired woman had made.

"So, Junie, last year . . . you looking forward to it?" Timothée asked.

"Yes," June said, leaning back in her chair. "I just hope the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher is half as good as Moony is."

Remus, who sat a couple of seats away from her, looked up and gave her a thankful glance.

"I mean, if he or she does not carry Voldemort on the back of his or her head, or is a Death Eater or an imbecil," June summed up. "I'm okay with it."

"Those are pretty low standards," Charlie pointed out.

"Yet here we are," June said, smiling. "Quirrel, Lockhart and Crouch."

"Fair enough."

Soon enough dinner was over and June made her way up to her room. She still had to pack a couple of things and didn't want to do that tomorrow morning.

A soft knock came from her door.

"Yeah?" June said, placing a Gryffindor scarf into the trunk.

Charlie opened the door and popped his head in. "Can I come in?"

"Of course," June said, smiling. "I just finished packing."

She closed her trunk as Charlie went to sit on the chair behind her desk. He didn't say anything as June moved to sit on her bed.

"I'm thinking of moving back to England," he finally confessed.

Juniper blinked. "Okay, but I thought you love working with dragons?"

"I do," Charlie said, nodding. "But now Voldemort is back, I feel that dangerous times are coming and I should stay with my family. And with you."

"Charlie," June said, standing up and making her way over to him. "You should do whatever you want. I don't want you to give up your dreams for me."

Charlie raised his hand and touched her cheek. "I'd do it for you in a heartbeat."

"Don't," June softly said, taking his hand with her own. "You were born to work with dragons, Charlie."

"I was born to be with you," he murmured, kissing her hand.

Juniper smiled and went with her hand through his red hair. "That's very romantic."

"I can be romantic if I want to be," Charlie said, grinning.

"I know," June said, leaning forward and giving him a quick kiss on the lips. "But I still don't want you to give it all up for me."