Author's Note

Hi, hey, hello, nice to see you here. My Wattpad name is whitewolf49, but I also go by the usernames of Dragontamer and MonsterProductions (sometimes with a 49, 47, both, or some other number I was forced to put down since the others were apparently taken). You can just call me Wolf, Tamer, or Monster for short. If you want to call me by another *nice* nickname, don't be shy in calling me that too. ^^

To be completely honest, I just sort of came up with the idea of this book during my English class while we were learning about MLA formatted writing. Heck, I literally started work on this book later in the same day. Why? Well, why the H*ll not? I consider myself mediocre or a novice at writing and making original stuff in general- hence part of the reason I stick to drawing characters like DC's Raven and Square Enix' Joshua or even the occasional Kid Icarus character- but I notice that whenever an adult or a fellow person in my age (that being currently 18 years of age as of writing this note), they usually give me praise for such excellent work in conveying the emotions of my characters in their faces or how I'm able to express my words on paper so grandly.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love that they approve of my work. Helps me believe that I can achieve being a decent character designer or concept artist one day if I can. Maybe I can even try a hand at making comics (my dream job is to work within DC Comics themselves, and yes I'm a huge fan of Teen Titans shut up) and maybe even do something on YouTube like a lot of other artists types like Odds1out and Jaiden Animations. But despite all this, I still consider myself a novice or mediocre at best. Why? Well, it's sort of an old bad habit for artist types to look at their art and say it's not nearly as good as, say, Michelangelo or Picasso. It's not necessarily because we have low to no self-esteem or depression or anything like that. Creative types just sometimes have the mindset that their work is only "eh" compared to everyone else. This applies to writing too, and sometimes we're right to think that, and other times we're just feeling like it won't be too special.

That's perfectly okay to think that sometimes. After all, there's always room for learning and improvement no matter your skill level in writing, drawing, or any other skill. Sometimes we think we made something that'll be noticed by tons of people, and it only gets meager little single-digit likes. Sometimes we make something we feel is just more dust in the world, and it ends up being a big deal to a fair amount of people. It really just depends on perspective and individual likes and dislikes. Just because you got a lot of likes or a lack thereof, it doesn't automatically make you famous or poor. Writing and drawing and even animating are, more often than not, just there to say "hey, I thought of this, take a look." It exists mostly just to get the message across, to get the thought heard. It's there just... because. It doesn't always need a reason. Sometimes it's just there so you have a place to look back to. Whether it be to look back on the thing that got your big start or to look back to see your lowest point, it's there for you- and if you so choose, for other people- to see how far you've come and how far you might go.

Oh, dang, uh... this got motivational fast. Erm, haha, don't know how that happened. XD

Um... Read this book if you have problems or feel insecure about making original characters, I guess. :P

Yeah, that.

... I feel like there should be more to this? I guess you can expect me to use my own OCs in this book to use as examples. Some of them I've never shown off before making this book so let me know if you like them and if I got my point across. Erm, I also have a DeviantArt profile under the name of Dragontamer4749 if you want to look at some of my drawings. If you go to the gallery section, beware; the lower you go, the older the drawing, and the higher chances of the art being cringe and me wanting to forget about it. 😝

Okay okay, that's seriously it for the Author's Note. Go read the other stuff now pls. Cheers. 🐉

PS, if you guys ever have any questions about anything I talk about, you're more then welcome to ask me about it. Getting answers for things means asking the questions first after all. ^^