FOUR

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

My back cracked loudly as my eyes snapped open, looking around the wet and gloomy room

My back cracked loudly as my eyes snapped open, looking around the wet and gloomy room. The tiniest shard of light flowing into the cell from behind me, a dimmed window above me. I couldn't even gather my thoughts, having had the worst night's sleep ever.

Desperate to stand up and stretch my spine but something told me that I wasn't going to be released any time soon. I'd be slaughtered first.

Loud footsteps pound down the stairs until I'm faced with Kassian, Mace and a small curly haired woman who was charging after them "Kassian," she says loudly. "Please think about what you're doing."

Kassian turns back to her and Mace shakes his head up to him, a warning not to lash out at her. "Just because you're a vegetarian and preach for human rights Nella, doesn't mean you run this pack." He raises his voice at her.

Nella doesn't flinch but instead she arches her eyebrow. "This is just wrong Kassian and you know it." She shakes her head, folding her arms over her chest.

"I think you should listen to her man," Mace pitches in. "Does she really deserve death?"

"It's just barbaric!" Nella exclaims. "We should at least hear her out and try to understand what she was trying to do. Even if you said you don't believe her answer."

Kassian slams his hands against the cell bars causing everyone to jump, the metal loudly clashing against his palm. "Calm down," Mace holds his hands out to him. "We get that you're angry and she's pissed you off but we need to think about the long term effects of this, not what your wolf and ego is telling you right now."

"Don't tell me to calm down," he growls out, his cold eyes turning to me as I look up at the three of them.

"Get me some water." I mumble out, my mouth feeling like sandpaper.

Kassian curses. "You have no fucking manners." He slams against the bars again. "Why should we do anything for you lowlife?"

"Oh sorry," I shake my head sarcastically. "Can I please get some water you pathetic Alpha?"

An almighty growl erupts from his chest and he almost rips the bars off the sides of the wall, Mace pulling him back and attempting to calm him. "She's just trying to get to you," he mumbles into his ear. "And by the looks of things, she's fucking winning. So calm your shit."

Kassian aggressively shrugs Mace off and removes himself from the basement, Mace and Nella share a look before Mace runs up to follow him. Nella stays directly in front of me behind the bars, her misty grey eyes hold me captive as she wraps her little fingers around the metal, pressing her face partially into the cell.

"What's your name?" Nella asks.

My canines flex and I snap out at her, the legs of the chair rolling against the stone floor. "Like you give a shit," I grumble towards her, knowing that I shouldn't trust anyone.