Chapter 19: Have we met?

Time moved in slow motion.

Lola saw a small girl plunge screaming to the ground below.

On instinct she jumped off the tubes she was on and caught the girl in mid air.

The necklace around the girls neck started to glow brightly.

Down at the crowd level, the necklace Sally was carrying started glowing as well.

The woman and the child seemed to hover in the air for a few seconds.

and then they both plummeted like a rock.

........................................................

Lola opened her eyes to find herself wrapped in a pair of long slender arms. At first she thought her mother was holding her, but then she heard a groan and realized she was back in her own body.

Tatiana was holding onto her.

Lola felt her young body with her hands and and jumped with excitement. "It worked! I'm me again! Finally!"

Then she noticed the necklace around her neck and yanked it off and stomped on it furiously.

Another groan was heard and she then realized that Tatianas body had taken the most of the fall. She was lying on her back with her arms sprawled wide.

"Tanya! Tanya! are you okay?!"

Tatiana coughed and gave her a cold look. "Yes, I'm perfectly alright you idiot. I merely landed on my spine."

"It is you!" and Lola hugged Tatiana before she could stop herself. 

Tatiana had a lot of thoughts and feelings running through her mind but at the moment, she decided to just let herself be hugged. she could sort out the complications afterward.

.............................................................

Thank god Sally was such a cunning little liar and spindoctor.

The official story was that Tatiana and Sally had found out that Lola had gotten a priceless historical artifact for her birthday and had tracked her down to try and acquire it. Instead of going through the parents Tatiana had made the mistake of approaching Lola directly which frightened her and caused her to call for help.

Then Lola spotted some friends and they played together in a tube when things got out of control and she fell out. Fortunately, Tatiana had escaped from custody and found her at just the right moment.

Apologies were issued all around. The fact that Kylie, Genny and Roxie were here without there parents consent was brushed under the rug. (in fact the three girls hid until Sally came to get them)

Tatiana was picked up by the first aid attendants and taken to their tent. Hailed as a hero. Sally apologized to the louds for their terribly inappropriate first impression. Lana hugged Lola tightly and kept her mouth shut. Lola hugged her right back.

"I missed you sis." Said Lana

"Oh, I missed you too. it feels like forever." Lola sniffed

"Sorry about your face."

"You beat me up?"

"Yeah."

"I wondered why I'm sore all over. Is it bad?"

"You look like a big rotten plumb."

"It'll heal." Lola hugged her twin even tighter.

....................................................