SIX

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Light footsteps wake me, glancing around the room realising that it was still dark but the sounds of birds tweeting here and there

Light footsteps wake me, glancing around the room realising that it was still dark but the sounds of birds tweeting here and there. My eyes felt like they had crusted shut, my arms and legs numb from the knots they were tied in. The silver had completely exhausted my body along with my stomach that felt starved, gargling loudly.

Nella's face appears between the bars as she takes the key and opens the door quietly, trying not to slam it against the brick wall.

Her turns to look behind her as another person emerges from the darkness of the cellar, her eyes meet mine and for a second I felt like I knew her.

"Cleo?" She asks as she takes a step closer, her blonde hair falling all the way down to her hipbones. My eyes watch her as she kneels down in front of me, not fearing me once. "Do you remember me?"

For a second I felt like I did but the curse had been fucking with my memories, destroying my braincells day by day.

"No," I mumble out.

"I'm Hope?" She says again, pressing a hand to her chest as she speaks. "We used to be in the same pack. We didn't really talk much but I knew who you were."

My eyes remain on hers as I take in her words, we were in the same pack?

"Pandora is your mother," she continues and I draw my head back sharply.

"Hope," I breathe out as I attempt to remember, it all felt so familiar but I couldn't quite pin my finger on it. Sparking an intense fury inside of me, or maybe it was the mention of my mothers name.

"Holy shit," Nella comments from the side. "You guys know each other?"

Hope turns to look up to Nella as she nods. "Yeah," she says.

"W-What happened?" I croak out, no energy inside of my body to say more.

Hope's pale blue eyes narrow for a second as she tries to grasp what I said. "I left your pack when I met Alfie, my mate. I have been here for a few years now." She explains.

My tongue licks along my bottom lip, not saying anything more. "Here," Nella says as she cracks the lid of a water bottle and pours it into my mouth, the cool liquid slipping down my throat. Clenching around it desperately, never have I gone so long without water.

I nod up towards her as she takes it away. Hope clears her throat and I turn back to her. "The curse," she says. "Pandora did this?"

"Yeah," I mumble out.

"She fucked me up too," Hope nods and I tilt my head in confusion.

"How?"

"When I met Alfie, I spoke to my parents about leaving the pack and coming here. Pandora kept telling me how much it would upset my family and I was putting them to shame." Hope grounds out, remembering what happened. "And I decided to go anyway but Pandora tried to stop me."