𝟟 - 𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕋𝕠 ℍ𝕠𝕘𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕤

Ophelia stood up the front with Hagrid as he directed them away from the platform

Ophelia stood up the front with Hagrid as he directed them away from the platform. Hagrid was extremely friendly, loud and energetic. He didn't appear as someone who could harm anybody, but Ophelia often found herself flinching at his sudden movements. Deep down she knew her fears were irrational and it was because he was an older man; the chances that he would harm her were extremely thin because not every man was like Mr Montgomery. Plus she knew Minnie wouldn't put her in harms way on purpose. Hagrid was talking out loud about how the place was filled with magical creatures and how one of his jobs as the ground keeper was to ensure they were well cared for. His face was beaming with pride as he discussed this to everybody who was listening, which Ophelia soon realised was only her as the first years were all talking amongst themselves. Hagrid had just begun on the topic of how misunderstood spiders were when they had reached a decking that looked over a large black lake.

"I'm sure that walk gets quicker each year yer know. Well kids, welcome to the black lake. Pick a boat, only four in each. Keep yer arms in n don't fall out otherwise you'll meet the giant squid."

Ophelia heard a few of the first years squeal, some start muttering and others boast about how it can't be that scary.

"Ophelia, you'll share a boat with me. Professor McGonagall wanted yer to experience this like yer would have in first year. It's a special memory ye see." He guided her to a large boat where a dog was sat waiting for them.

"Meet meh dog, Fang."

"Hey buddy!" Fang took this as a massive welcoming so jumped up and licked Ophelia's face all over.

"He likes yeh!"

Ophelia wiped the slobber from her face and smiled. "I like him too. He's gorgeous." She ruffled his head and he took to curling up on her lap, or at least attempting too due to his large size.

"EVERYONE SETTLED. YEH. GOOD. RIGHT THEN FORWARD". Hagrid yelled from beside Ophelia.

Ophelia felt the boats begin to move at a rather fast pace. At first she felt a bit sick, but Fang gave her hands a nudge with his nose, relaxing her quickly. This gave her some confidence so she looked up and was greeted with the most beautiful sight she had ever seen. In front of them was a large castle sat upon rocks. Ophelia wasn't the only one amazed, she could hear the 'wow' and 'cool' being muttered around her from the first years.

Hagrid leant down to her ear and said in what she thinks he though was a whisper "It's beautiful ain't it. Never fails to make me smile."

"Yes it's amazing."

"KIDS MIND YER HEADS".

Ophelia only just let this sink in before she had felt thick ivy go over her head and when she opened her eyes once more it was clear she was now on the grounds of the school. Ophelia presumed she must have gone beneath the rocks as some sort of passageway and was now almost at the castle. This was it. She was officially going to Hogwarts. 4 months ago she didn't know she was witch, yet here she is about to attend a school for witches and wizards.