21.) No Control

Cal

"You may loose battles, you may even loose wars, but you are really defeated and utterly annihilated if you loose faith and hope

"You may loose battles, you may even loose wars, but you are really defeated and utterly annihilated if you loose faith and hope."

- Bangambiki Habyarimana, The Great Pearl of Wisdom

"Well, that was the most lack luster speech I've heard." Will pointed out and I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you'd think after years of seeing transfers they would've perfected that." I added, Will chuckled with Tris and Chris. I smiled at them and we turn a corner to go into the pit where everyone else was.

"In line, come on." A Dauntless said to everyone, I glanced around confused and looked at Tris lost. "What do you think is going on?" I questioned then Eric answered my question by standing on the top. "Alright, listen up." He said capturing everyone's attention. "Before you leave tonight, I want you all in four lines. Everyone gets a tracking device." He added and I looked at the the lines to see people being injected by something I could not see. "Don't ask questions, just a precaution." He finished off, I looked at Will confused and he shrugged in response.

"What do you think?" Tris asked lowering her voice. "I don't know, but I don't think it's good." I answered truthfully. "Where's Four?" I questioned to myself and looked around trying to find him.

"This feels weird." Will pointed out standing next to me and I nodded.

"Well, isn't my number one girl glowing." I hear Eric say from behind me, I let out a sigh and turned to look at him as he put his hands behind my back. "I'm not your girl." I back talked him, he chuckled and placed his hand on my shoulder. "God, I'm gonna love seeing our relationship bloom." He smirked, I looked at him confused and his hand cupped my face. "We don't have any type of relationship, Eric." I pointed out to him. "Don't worry, I already talked to the leaders. They approved for us to be together." He said, before I could say anything he injected my neck and I gasped.

"There is no us. There is no together. I want nothing to do with you." I argued, he handed the needle to another soldier and his hand went to my shoulder again.

"Lucky for me, I won't have to hear you bicker or...Fight back." He added then squeezed my shoulder, he walked away and I held my shoulder while watching him leave.

What the hell was he on about?

~~~

"It is better to seek peace than to start wars."

- Matshona Dhliwayo