STOP ASIAN HATE!

hey everyone. I just wanted use my platform to tell you that disgusting acts are occurring right now against the Asian community. please take the time and read what I have to tell you all.

it's come to my attention that racist and terrible surge of violence against Asians across the USA and across the world.

Over the past weeks there's been according to the research I've been doing:

- 84 year old Vicha Ratanapakdee was shoved into the pavement while taking a walk in San Francisco and has died due to the injuries. R.I.P

- An attacker slashed Noel Quintana across the face in a subway ride in Manhattan. He was only 61 years old.

I also found out that back in July 2020, two men in Brooklyn slapped an 89 year old Asian woman and proceeded to set her clothes on fire. That created the #TheyCan'tBurnUsAll movement.

These are just a few I have found but there are hundreds of more violent crimes that happen every day against the Asian community.

A LOT OF THESE INCIDENTS GO UNREPORTED AND DO NOT MAKE HEADLINES!

Especially with COVID-19, it has largely scaled to way higher amount of xenophobia, Anti-Asian racism, sinophobia, discrimination, and violence.

HOW TO STOP ANTI- ASIAN RACISM AND VIOLENCE!

- Raise awareness. With this not reaching headlines and hardly being on social media we need to share the news and ANYTHING related to this issue.

- Call out any racism, xenophobia and address these issues. That means family and friends as well.

- Share Asian voices, listen to their experiences and struggles.

THIS IS THE TIME TO EDUCATE YOURSELF ABOUT THE ISSUES AND EVENTS HISTORY. IT CAN BE ANYTHING THAT IMPACTS RIGHT NOW.

EXAMPLES:

Korean and Vietnamese wars.

US/ European imperialism.

Japanese internment camps during WW2.

The Chinese exclusion act.

HOW TO REPORT INCIDENTS :

Stop APPI Hate is a reporting centre that tracks and responds to violence and hate crimes against the APPI throughout the US.

You could also donate to organisations that support the communities and safety on a basic level, GoFundMe fundraisers set up for the victims.

- Stop APPI Hate (stopappihate.org)

- Asian Americans Advancing System - Asian Law Cacus
(advancing justice-alc.org)

We have to work together and end the current silence around the rising acts of all of the racism.

PLEASE USE #StopAsianHate to spread awareness.

'TO ANYONE WHO REMAINS SILENT: YOUR SILENCE ERASES HUMANITY!' - quoted by unknown.

more info on my Twitter @bitchitsaida