Chapter 17

The next morning, everyone was packed and ready to leave Egypt, though Molly was still giving Fred and George a hard time. Bill had arrived to say goodbye to his family as he would be staying in Egypt to continue his work on the Pyramids, though it would be pretty difficult to forget the image he witnessed. Molly hugged Bill tightly, not wanting to let her oldest baby go.

"Mum, you'll miss your ride home," Bill said, smiling to himself Molly pulled away from him wiping the tear from her cheek.

"Oh, look at me, it's like the time you left for Hogwarts," Molly sniffed, she turned to Charlie and Jessica

"I take it you two will be heading back to Romania," Charlie nodded, embracing his mum,

"There's lots of work that need doing," Charlie told her, Molly pulled Jessica in for a hug.

"It's been lovely to meet you dear, you'll have to stop by the burrow sometime," Molly said, Jessica nodded

"That would be nice," Jessica said, smiling at Molly, she felt someone smaller hug her, she looked down to see Ginny with her arms wrapped around Jessica's waist.

"You will come and visit us won't," Ginny asked, letting go of Jessica's waist,

"Maybe, like Charlie said, there's a lot of work to do back at the sanctuary," Jessica told her, Charlie smiled at her, Jessica didn't need to make an effort with his family but she did,

"We should get going we leave before you do," Charlie said, he hugged his mum and dad,

Ginny wrapped her arms around him, she didn't see him often and missed him so much when he worked in Romania. Fred and George apologised to Jessica they didn't mean for her to fall only Charlie, though he didn't find their apology amusing. Ron was determined to play Jessica again at wizard chess, she actually was a challenge to beat.

"Alright, owl us to let us know you arrived safely," Arthur told him, Charlie nodded Charlie picked up Jessica's bag along with his, they left for there ride home.

3 hours later

Charlie and Jessica arrived back at the sanctuary, they didn't speak throughout the entire journey back because they both didn't know what to say to one another. Jessica had thought about Charlie's offer to stay in Romania with him, and a part of her really wanted to.

Jessica had forgotten what it was like to have a mother and Molly made her feel as she were her own child, which made her feel immensely guilty about lying to them. Jessica opened the door to be jumped by River, Jessica kneeled down to River, who licked her all over her face, causing Jessica to laugh.

"Oh, you're just in time, Wonder's egg is about to hatch," Mrs Winters said,

Charlie dropped the bags racing to the maternity pen, Jessica was curious to see what Wonder was. Followed behind Charlie, her puppy River prancing behind her. Jessica reached the maternity pen, Charlie was sitting a few feet away from a creature that had the front legs, wings and head of a giant eagle and the body, hind legs and tail of a horse.

Jessica couldn't for the life of her remember what the creature was called, 'Was it a Griffin? Or was that the half-lion one?' she thought, she watched Charlie try to calm the distressed creature, still thinking of what the other creature that was half horse called.

Charlie cautiously watched Wonder as she laid with her egg, preparing the nest for when it finally hatched. The egg shifted a little, a little crack on the surface of the egg. Wonder chipped away at the egg removing a little of the shell, out fell a baby squawking, it toppled over getting used to standing. Wonder nudged her baby up, help it stand. Charlie had the biggest smile on his face.

"He's adorable isn't he," Charlie said, not taking his eye off the foal.

"Do you want to name the baby Hippogriff?" Charlie asked, 'Hippogriff, that's the name of the creature' Jessica

"I wouldn't know what to call it," Jessica said,

"Well, his mother is Wonder, and his father is Stormswift if that gives you any ideas," Charlie told her, Jessica pursed her lips thinking of what she could name the baby.

"I'll have to think about it," Jessica said, Charlie smiled at her

"We should leave, let Wonder take care of her baby," Charlie whispered, tapping Jessica elbow to leave,

Jessica picked up River carrying her back to the house. Charlie and Jessica sat down for dinner that Mrs Winters had cooked for them, though she seemed to notice a certain tension between them. She couldn't put her finger on it but something had happened, River ran through the house barking after a fly that was flying around the halls.

"I'll get her," Jessica said, going to see to River.

"How's the Augurey did he heal fine?" Charlie asked

"Yes, he recovered shortly after you left, I put him back with his flock," Mrs Winters informed him

"Good, I'm really tired after my trip, I'm going to head to bed," Charlie said,

Jessica caught River, chasing after her was something she didn't think she'd be doing, Jessica saw Charlie heading for his bedroom. She was also tired and desired sleep, though she hoped River would calm down enough for her to sleep.

Jessica laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling, she was tired she knew that but her mind wouldn't allow her to sleep, she tossed and turned in her bed, before deciding she wasn't going to sleep alone, she threw her covers off her. Stepping out of her bed, she quietly walked out of her room, Jessica reached Charlie door, before she could knock the door opened.

"I realised I don't want to sleep alone,"

"You don't have too," Charlie said, pulling her into his room, he pressed his lips against hers laying in his bed with Jessica in his arms, holding her close to him, he didn't want her to leave, Charlie had to convince her to stay with him.