Chapter 18 - Hexes in every direction

*Harry/narrator pov*
Nelly looked at me, confusion creasing her face. "You is gone very pale, Harry Potter. Is you ok? Nelly could make some tea if it would help, or... I is thinking there is some biscuits that we has, is you wanting one to help you feel better?"

"Um, no thanks, Nelly, I'm good, that's really nice of you to offer though." She beamed at the praise but persisted, clearly still worried.

"Is there anything Nelly can do for you, Harry Potter? Anything at all?"

Harry considered this. "I need to get to that address as soon as possible, I can't Apparate that far... would you be able to transport me there?"

"Nelly thinks so. Is Harry Potter sure he does not want a biscuit before he leaves?"

"Yes, thank you Nelly. I'm not really hungry anymore."

"If you is sure, Harry Potter. But I is having a biscuit. I is needing some more energy for this transportation business."

She took a tin off the shelf behind her, opened it and removed several biscuits; she was soon munching on a Canary Cream. Steam began once more to emerge from her ears as her face bunched up and a crease appeared between her eyebrows.

A crack split the air and suddenly I was on a street that was horribly familiar.

"Harry Potter, you does not look very well. I is insisting that you takes my chocolate digestive." Said Nelly firmly as she pressed one of her biscuits into his hand. At the iron will in her stare he hastily ate the biscuit, swallowing it in one go.

She glanced nervously up the street, to where number four was at the far end. "I is leaving you here, Harry Potter. I hopes you is finding your friend."

With another crack she was gone, disappeared into the darkening sky.

Harry finally made himself look in the direction of number four, though it made him sick to his stomach to think of it.

Snatches of memories came, unwelcome, into his head.

"Lazy, insolent boy-"

The crack of his cousin's Smeltings stick as it hit Harry over the head.

The cupboard door slamming shut and the familiar click that followed it.

Clutching his aching belly as he lay curled on the floor.

Harry squeezed his eyes shut tightly, trying to block out the memories. Don't be such a coward. Draco is all alone in there. He needs you. Don't abandon him because you're thinking about some dumb stuff your uncle used to do.

The Dursleys were long gone - so why should he care? Grow a pair, his subconscious scoffed.

Harry took a deep breath. For Draco, he could do this.

He took one step, and then another. For Draco.

A cry echoed across the street - a familiar cry that he knew very, very well and suddenly there were no thoughts in his mind. A calm settled over it like a layer of ice.

By the time he got to the front door, curses were already flying from his wand.

***

He felt like a storm; he felt like a force of nature.

There were two Death Eaters by the door that Harry recognised from the Prophet. Both slammed against the wall before they could even react.

The noise caused a cry of alarm from the next room, but Harry was ready. He dodged an Abada Kedavra sent his way by a blond man with frizzy hair and sent a Levicorpus in return. The man ducked, but not in time to avoid Harry's Body-Bind Curse. Harry didn't wait for him to hit the floor, he was already whirling with a shield charm to deflect a Cruciatus curse sent his way by a bald man with dark eyes and a long black beard. The curse rebounded and hit the man, who collapsed. The fifth and sixth people to enter, two dark-haired women who looked like twins, were more skilled than their predecessors, but Harry had soon cursed each, if with slightly more difficulty.