Chapter 13: Another point of view

ASTRIDS POV.

"Help me!" Astrid yelled as a Nadder swooped down from the cloud of dragons and swept her off her feet. Her first instinct was to attack but when the Nadder had suddenly picked her up she had dropped her weapon. "Help me!" She directed her call at the Night Rider who who chased after her.

"Drop me!" She instructed the dragon. "Drop me right now!" She yelled hitting the dragons foot and it obliged dropping her from fifty feet up. Astrid screamed as she fell through the sky the ground quickly approaching. She was back in the clutches of the dragon that had dropped her in seconds shacking from the experience.

The dragon began to gain altitude venturing high above Berk. Astrid found herself clutching tightly to the dragons feet making sure that if it was to drop her again she could hold on. "This is not how I'm going! This is not how I'm going!" She repeated to herself over and over again reassuring and ordering herself to hang on.

The Nadder joined back with the swarm of dragons that hovered over Berk. From her recent experience from falling and being surrounded by more then one hundred dragons she was petrified. It was like the dragon had simply snatched a stone statue from the ground. Astrid had a clear birds eye view of the chaos that was unfolding on her home below.

A purple and pink groncle to her left fired such a hot lava blast that it made her skin hot to the touch. She followed the falling blast with her eyes until it smashed through the roof of a burning building causing it crumble to the ground with an explosion of sparks.

Besides the times when the dragons around her fired she shivered fiercely from the freezing air that the dragons stirred up with there beating wings. She continued to watch the drama unfold beneath her. She could see many of her friends running beneath her.

For a moment it looked like Snotlout and the twins where going to fight a Monstrous Nightmare but after it coated itself in fire they all scampered away quickly. A bone shattering, blood chilling roar that came from somewhere near her in the flock shook her body.

The fighting below her between dragons and Vikings ceased and the dragons surrounding her were no longer shooting at the houses below. Astrid watched in awe and shock as a colossal Monstrous Nightmare broke through the sea of dragons and landed itself near the Great Hall.

Astrid gulped at the sight of it. It had to be at least one hundred and ten feet long and the wing span of one hundred and twenty. It way by far the largest dragon she had even seen in her entire life and by the stunned faces of Vikings below her. It was the largest they had even see either.

It let out another roar that gave her a chill up her spine. 'This is it, Berk is done.' She thought to herself. Not a dragon or Viking moved, both were clearly terrified of the colossal beast that had joined the fight. But she knew that the fighting would soon resume and she was right as a trio of Viking men approached the dragon.

Even from her position in the sky she could tell that it was Spitelout, Gobber and Stoick. "It will kill you! Run!" She tried to tell the three but they could hear her. She could barely hear herself over the flapping of wings. The three threw there weapons but they just bounced off not even phasing the dragon.

They all pulled out there swords and got into charging stance. "No." Astrid said under her breath. The three charged but within six seconds Gobber and Spitelout had been disposed of leaving only the fearless chief left standing. The dragon opened its mouth and that's when she noticed him.

The Night Rider running furiously towards the pair. "Please hurry." She said glancing back at the pair. The colossal Nightmare's fire spewed out and engulfed the Night Rider. 'He's dead, he pushed Stoick out of the way and died himself? For a man who wanted to kill him?' A thousand thoughts swirled through her head.

Sad chirps came from the dragons around her at the sight of there master dying. 'Shouldn't they be happy? They were no longer under his control, they were free.' More thoughts rushed through her brain. The dragon stopped spewing its fire and she was surprised when she didn't find a pile a charred bones but yet the Night Rider who simply rose from the burned grass.

He approached the dragon placing his hand between its nostrils and gave it a pat. It took to the air and started to fly away and all the others followed including the one that carried her. "Hey you can't just take me! Put me down." She said squirming but quickly latched back onto the dragons feet hoping not to be dropped again.

(Authors Note)
Hello everybody! I'm sorry that I wasn't really able to write a new chapter today I'm busy so I just wrote Astrids point of view from the end of the fight. Hope you enjoyed!
-Samuel Scutter