31

My toxic trait is changing my book covers like once every couple months lol but I think I like these. I know I've said that before but these feel more like a trilogy to me if that makes sense

...

Harry

It's the early evening, before the start of the MET Gala, when I find myself being fawned over by a slew of people. My nails are currently being cured under a UV light while I get my hair styled and minimal makeup applied to my face. It's weird having so many people tend to me, policing my appearance, but I don't think I mind it. Maybe I've just grown used to it over the years, but I also just loving getting dressed up in general so I'm sure that plays a role in this. 

"How are we doing?" the excitable voice of my stylist, Harry Lambert, says as he rounds the corner, coming into my line of vision.

He stands tall and proud in a green suit that suits him rather well. His blonde hair is slicked back and I think he has a very thin layer of eyeliner on. 

"Good," I answer, although I'm not entirely sure he was directing that question to me. "Excited to finally get dressed."

My outfit isn't as outlandish as some of the other outfits I've worn, especially recently while on tour. Originally I was leaning towards something in that direction, but after talking with Harry Lambert, we decided to go in a different direction but still sticking to the theme of camp. 

I'll be wearing a black, Gucci blouse that's rather feminine in style with the frills and sheer fabric of it. But to also add hints of masculinity, I'll pair it with unusually high waisted, tailored trousers. The whole look is a balance of what's feminine and what's masculine, practically blurring the line between the two, which I love and find rather fascinating. I've always had an appreciation for fashion and as I get older, I start to wonder more and more why fashion has genders. Shouldn't people just wear what they like to wear?

So that's where the inspiration for this look came from. Alessandro and Harry Lambert started coming up with mood boards a couple of months ago to defy gender norms, and I'm absolutely in love with it. 

It's delicate, yet powerful, and hopefully it will inspire other people to begin experimenting with fashion in their own ways. 

"I'm excited, too," Harry Lambert says, clapping his hands together as he beams at me. "I've only seen swatches of fabric and general pictures of it but I haven't seen the full thing yet in person. I was bummed when I couldn't make it to your last fitting." 

I remember how distraught he was. He had some sort of family emergency in England and couldn't make it in time since Alessandro was on a tight schedule. He had us sent pictures of it to him, but naturally they weren't perfect since it needed to be tweaked and tailored. 

"Well you'll get to see it soon. Hopefully it fits," I joke. 

"It better bloody fit," Harry mutters. "Otherwise I might have a cow. Or get fired..."

I go to respond telling him that I'd be the one royally fucked in this situation if it didn't fit, but I opt not to reply out of this nagging worry in the back of my mind that it won't fit. I don't want to jinx anything. As excited as I am, I'm also a bit nervous. Red carpets always cause a little bit of anxiety so that tied with co-hosting the Gala has my stomach feeling a bit off. 

I'm also nervous because this is mine and Amelia's first red carpet event together. We had discussed how tonight would go and ultimately we came to the conclusion that she would physically walk the red carpet with me. We'll arrive hand-in-hand, pose for some pictures, stop for interviews, and then head up to the secluded event itself.