Decisions

The wheels clicked in her head and relief washed over her. "Of course!" The speedster looked at her, confused about her sudden excitement, "don't you understand? I'm Wanda Maximoff, we both lost a twin and could never grieve them, then there's the lady who said I was getting desperate, how we joined globally known superhero groups and yet have never crossed path." Wanda let her statement lingers in the air for a second, implying the importance of their situation. "Peter, I think you might be from a different universe."

His eyes widened as he understood, his body shaking as he got up. "But how? Sure, it makes sense, but I've never heard of anything like this before. How do I even get back?"

Her world halted, he couldn't be suggesting that, could he? They'd just found each other, the star-crossed twins. Both filled with untreated grief, and incomplete family life. Couldn't he see how they could help each other? She tilted her head to the side.
"Back?"

"I can't stay here, I have friends, and family! Sure, they might boss around and take me for granted, but they're still family, " Peter replied fidgeting as he became more frantic. "I- I have to go back, I need to tell my father- "

"Peter, please," pleaded Wanda. "We've only just met; you can't leave now!"

"I'm sorry," said the speedster suddenly getting up and looking around, "we had a blast today, loved meeting your kids and your toaster of a husband, but I need to go. Do you have any idea how to get me back?"

The man was practically vibrating in place, his body desperately wanting to run, but he knew he had to stay to hear the answer. Wanda got up and took his hands with pleading eyes. "Please, Billy and Tommy love you, admire you even. You are appreciated here, needed. Isn't that enough?"

He squeezed her hand gently, sighing. "Wanda, I don't belong here, we shouldn't have met. The universe-"

"Screw the universe! All it got me was my entire family dead and a terrorist law named after my country," she paused to take a breath and ripped her hands away from his. She couldn't take it; the grief was eating her away. She paced back and forth, irrational thoughts racing through her mind. "I had to watch my lover die twice, I've had my fill of it!"

Peter was stunned by her words, she could see his hyperactive mind trying to make sense of the situation, trying to find something to say. She barely noticed how the town square had emptied, as if an unseen director had yelled cut. They were alone, even the movie on the screen had been stopped. Her brain taunted her with quick solutions, rewinds, but she shook them off. She had to make him see reason. She walked up to him and put her hand on his cheek, even as determined as he was to leave, he leaned into the touch.

"Wanda- "

"Please stay," interrupted the witch. She pushed down her magic, he had to understand her point, he couldn't leave, he needed her as much as she needed him. He had to feel their connection-

"I can't," he pressed his hand atop of hers, "as much as want to, it would be selfish of me to leave my family. You have to let me go."

At his words, a dam broke, she was going to lose him, like she lost so many people. She brought her hands to her face and slowly crumbled to the ground. Hot tears filled her eyes and sobs broke through her body. It was Ultron all over again, she'd lose her other half. Peter took pity of her and enveloped her in a warm hug. It felt so right, why did he had to leave? She was vaguely aware of him whispering apologies, but all she could think of was the countless other people who had done the same. Left her alone, with a hug and an empty promise that things would get better. Clint had even promised he'd visit, but he never did. He was probably too caught up with his own family returning at last to think of her. She had been alone once again, with bitter regret and a propriety deed belonging to a demolished house. The promise of a better world ironically literally torn to pieces. Then she had fixed her world, Vision was back, she had two lovely children and then her brother came along. For a moment, everything was perfect. It couldn't be happening, he had to reconsider his choice.
Her eyes wandered to the necklace, the necklace that was keeping him from being Peter. She tried to look away, but it was calling to her. She shouldn't do this, she had no right, he was his own person, he would never forgive her.

But you want him to stay

The voice in her mind was back, it was even offering her the perfect solution. She'd simply have to change the spell, so whoever originally casted it would have no access to it. Her brother would be back, everything would be alright again. In a moment of weakness, she made her choice.

"If I can't have Peter," said Wanda her accent showing herself. She called the necklace to her and quickly casted the new spell. "I'll take Pietro."

Fear creeped into the speedster eyes, he let go of her and tried speeding away, but she grabbed him with her magic. He begged her to reconsider, to let him go, but she barely heard him. Her magic singing the promises of what she was about to do. She took a step forward, quickly closing the necklace around her brother's neck. He stopped struggling and his eyes glazed over. She took advantage of his temporary situation to change his clothes back into the costume he had worn earlier.

'There' she thought to herself, 'it never happened.'

(Peter) Pietro blinked, confused at his surroundings. "Look sis, I get you were angry, but I was just messing with you! The rugrats were panicking, I did what I could. No need to knock me out again."

Wanda smirked as she let her magic release him, he brushed it off and looked around. "Well, it's pretty late isn't it?"

"Yes, it is," remarked Wanda, "do you mind going the quick way?"

Pietro nodded, eager to run and grabbed her arm and the back of her neck. In the blink of an eye, they were back home. He was out of his costume in a flash and sitting on the couch.
"What do you think you're doing?"

Pietro looked at her as if she had lost her mind. "Going to sleep, obviously."

She raised an eyebrow, "you have a room now." She grinned as his face light up with happiness.

"Thanks, sis. You're the best!" He praised her, zipping up the stairs.
She watched him leave with a smile. Everything was perfect. Tomorrow, they'd go get Vision, and they could live together, happy.

She deserved it.

————————————————————————
I've read many fanfics where Peter and Wanda bonds after the Hex was brought down. Then I wondered, how would their talk go if she wasn't ready to let him go yet? I hope her choice made sense, I've done my best to portray her overwhelming fear of being alone once again.
Thanks for reading, see you next time!