27 | A team

You shriek, backing away as soon as you saw Fushiguro's phone get destroyed while he was still holding it.

"Don't move."

Fushiguro grabs your arm a little too tightly, making you wince.hHe doesn't notice though, since he's busy trying to get everyone away from this curse.

'That hurts!' you suck in air between your teeth, 'He's strong..!'

You watch as Kamo pulls out and throws a blood bag before it explodes in mid-air. He uses it to create a wheel of blood which he quickly launches to the curse.

'It's unscathed?' Kamo's eyes slightly widen.

Fushiguro let's go of your arm as a katana appears in his hands, attacking the curse alongside his shikigami; nue.

'Where'd that katana come from?' kamo thought.

In a attempt to help, you placed a heap of cursed energy onto both of your first before lunging at the curse. You managed to land a hit on the curse's shoulder and stomach. Unlike the previous attacks, one of your punches made the curse step back.

Only a step back..

"L/N! get back!" Kamo shouts, amazed at the impact of your punch but it still isn't enough.

You complied instead of trying to attack the special grade, running back to Fushiguro and almost tripping.

"You alright?" he ask, sparing you a glance before bringing his attention back to the curse.

"A little hungry." you mutter, "But i'll be fine, Fushiguro. I promise."

As you placed your attention back to the curse, it began speaking nonsense once again.

"Stop this, foolish children."

It.. Talks?

"All i wan't is to protect this planet."

Usually, the curses you encounter makes shaky and sometimes inaudiable sounds.. But this special grade is different.

"Don't pay attention to the rubbish a curse spits out." Kamo says.

"This isn't on the same level as when a lower-grade does it.." Fushiguro stares at the curse in disbelief.

"It has established an original language system.."

"Inumaki, L/N, fall back."

You hesitated for a second before complying. You then remember what Kamo had told you, Fushiguro, and Maki earlier― that he wants to kill both you and itadori. Could he really be trusted?

'Don't think about that now!'

You have no choice since all of your lives are in vain right now. You know you'll die if you leave the three here, and if worst comes to worst, the three of you could all die together.

You place your attention back to the curse.

"Time without humans."

"Die.. And become wise."

Your eyes widen as a plethora of wooden balls began appearing around the special grade curse. Hanami looks ready to attack at any time.

"Fushiguro!" you call.

As if you two thought about the same thing, you reached for his hand, struggling to keep up with them.

Forrtunately, he's able to grab your wrist. He pulls you closer to him, not noticing the red marks appearing around your wrist. You wince in pain; you tried to ignore the stinging on your skin since that's something for you to worry about later.

Though you would have to admit all the running and tight grips are starting to hurt and take a toll on you. You have never ran this much in your life..

"Are you okay, Inumaki-senpai?" he ask the second year who is running beside him. Inumaki is drinking some sort of medicine from a small bottle.

"Shake." he would then answer after gulping down the substance.

You hear kamo, "It's coming!"

Fushiguro let's go of your wrist.

"Stop." imumaki uses his cursed speech.

"White Lotus." kamo uses a technique different from the one he used earlier. You watch in awe as blood shoots out of Kamo's fingertips.

You grit your teeth,

'Go! Y/N!'

'DO SOMETHING USEFUL FOR ONCE!'

You ball up your fist, letting the cursed energy you had stored inside you flow throughout your body. Instead of a blue flame, a dark shade of crimson encased your fist, giving it a much more intimidating and dangerous look.

Kamo huffs. 'She's learning..'

He didn't know if that was a good or bad thing. He hasn't seen a sign of you trying to eat anything..

Surprisingly enough, you successfully land a stronger hit on Hanami's stomach before retreating back to the three men.

The special grade stumbles a bit, caught off guard. So there's a difference between the red and blue cursed energy?

All of you then hurriedly ran up a flight of stairs. The three, including yourself, are shocked by the impact of your punch. It isn't much, but it's still something.

"Hurry up, that will heal in no time." Kamo manages to say after recomposing himself, referring to how Hanami would recover instantly.

'She probably doesn't know how powerful she is..'

he thought, sparing your back a glance.

Just.. Who are you?

 Who are you?