Chapter 38

HIM

I looked at the perfect, beautiful face of my angel, lips pouting and eyebrows knitted together, expressing a frown of curiosity and confusion drawn on her face.

Even in her troubled state of mind, I still find her cute. Well, she always is. She could pull out the simplest looks and still looks stunning.

Her beauty is beyond the world, incomparable.

I couldn't take it, looking at her face like that. My job was to make her smile, laugh like a maniac as she did just now.

I didn't expect this to end so abruptly; she and the boy were clearly enjoying themselves. I knew if I stayed one more second looking at her, I would put everything on hold to run and wrap my arms around her. So, I drove away.

I hated this. I hated myself for this.

We were having the time of our lives a few minutes ago, only to be interrupted by other things.

I can't avoid it. When there's a problem, I have to inspect what's going on. I just can't give my responsibility to anyone else, at least not in this business.

I've learned over the years of being in existence and witnessing things myself that trust nobody and I mean nobody, but yourself.

I drove with silence enveloping my surroundings. If you were to ask me over a few months ago, I would've totally loved it. But now, I can't. Her laughs are addicting to hear; her hums are contagious. When she sings along to those songs, it makes me wanna listen to only that for the rest of my life.

Her voice had gotten sweeter, more feminine since that day I saw her.

Just every single inch of her inside and outside is an epitome of an insatiable drug to me, something that will make me addicted to eternity.

And don't get me started about her body because I can describe every small ripple, curves of her body in such detail. Her, only my angel, is the only one that is able to send me into the depths of lust and desire without even knowing it.

She's perfect and all mine.

I passed through the city, glancing at people from various walks of life, socializing, and living their lives.

I wish my life were like them, just simple and without much worry. Indeed, they have their own struggles too, but I have to treat my day as my last day on earth for someone like me.

Life would've been so much better if I didn't get myself into this.

Not that I had a choice in the first place. Not after I've made that promise to him.

I have put myself in the abyss of darkness, and I struggled to get out of it, and that was until I finally met her.

I was a madman, a man who wanted revenge. Revenge for the people who made me the way I am now and punishments for other sick, twisted bastards who had done the same to other people.

If it weren't for my angels' existence, I would be the devil incarnated onto the face of the earth.

Not that I was far from it anyway

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. It was Jake.

"Sandro, I've sent them back."

"Noted. Come to the cartel fast."

"Roger that," and the call ended.

I looked at the tracker to see both of their phones at their apartment.