- alternate dimension bonus chapter

- alternate dimension -
(pre season 1, episode 10)

Alec Lightwood has no trouble picking up guys. Standing at six feet tall with dark hair, and a smile that was way too charming, he was the type of person that you just can't help but notice. He didn't even have to lift a finger to get attention, and boy did he love it. 

But ever since he saw the beautiful stranger wearing glasses in the coffee shop three weeks ago, he didn't want attention from anyone else. The man always had his cute button nose buried in a book, his eyes focusing on every word whilst Alec could focus on nothing but him from afar. The man was truly a sight for sore eyes. Especially when the corners of his lips would twitch upwards into a small smile at whatever he was reading.

Alec found himself going to the coffee shop everyday just so he could get a glimpse of that smile.

Though he desperately wished that he could be the one causing it, he never built up the courage to talk to the man. It wasn't only frustrating to him, but also to Simon and Isabelle—whom he dragged along with him for emotional support.

"I don't understand why you insist that we come with you for emotional support," Isabelle mumbled as she texted. "It doesn't matter what we say, you're not going to talk to him anyways."

"Hey, I will!" Alec whined in protest.

"That's what you said three weeks ago and unsurprisingly, we're still here, you're still single, and he still doesn't know your name," Simon groaned. "This is sad, Alec. You used to be able to pick up guys without having to lift a finger. Now you can't even build up yhe courage to talk to this guy. As your wingman, this whole thing is making me feel down."

"Well if you're feeling down, I could always feel you up."

Isabelle looked horrified while Simon's nose scrunched up and he frowned. "Dude, we've talked about this. Boundaries. I help you scope out the hot guys, but you keep your raw sexual energy away from me," Simon reminded.

"Right, sorry," Alec apologized half heartedly. "I'm really not trying to hit on you. It's just my default setting." 

"See, that's good, you can use all that default setting on him."

Alec sighed, his right leg bouncing up on and down due to his nerves. He bit his lip for a moment before he quickly turned his eyes away from the glasses-wearing beauty to face Isabelle and Simon. "You really think I have a shot with him?" he asked unsurely.

"Hell yeah," Isabelle and Simon answered at the same time.

Isabelle added, "I mean, since when has someone actually turned you down? Don't worry big bro, you got this."

"Are you saying that because you actually believe in me or do you want me stop dragging you here during your lunch hours?" Alec deadpanned.

"You got me there," Isabelle mumbled quietly to Simon.

"Okay, this is ridiculous," Simon said exasperatedly. " Alec, you're good looking enough—

"Enough?!"

"And you have a delightful personality. I'm sure you'll do great. Just give him a smile, your best pick up line, and you'll be fine. Now go," Simon urged, pushing Alec off his stool and into the direction of the good looking stranger.

In fact, Simon pushed him so hard that Alec stumbled directly in front of the man's seat. Now Alec only had to options, go along with his original plan, or back off but ended up looking like a fool. Alec chose the former.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐅 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐀𝐍 - 𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐂 𝐋𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃 🎉