15. Last of Paradise

(A/N: ENjOy the PhOTo.)

Giyuu's mouth opened to speak. "I'm going to miss you a lot."

Arching a confused brow, you immediately narrowed your gaze at the boy. "What?" you wondered. "I'm right here."

"I know that," Giyuu shyly continued. His eyes darted around the ceiling. "But you're married, and you have your husband." A pause. "Then, you're going to have babies."

Babies?

You haven't even thought about your breakfast for the next morning, and yet Giyuu assumed you were already planning on kids.

And with Muzan?

Gag.

Instantly, your face flushed hot, and you were thankful that the dim room could hide your set of pink cheeks. Turning away in embarrassment, you noticed that the Water Pillar, though, had remained still on your mattress.

Giyuu added the last bit in a bittersweet tone. "I'm sure you'll forget about me, too."

Something about that last sentence irked you, sending a whiz of annoyance through your head.

Giyuu, the boy who cared for you since you could walk, was worried that you would end up forgetting about him? How could he ever think that?

Yet, how could the boy not feel happy and sad at the same time? Here you were-his most prized possession-wonderfully matured into a young lady and now, wife.

"Well, you don't have to worry about that because that's an absolute lie," you announced. "I won't ever forget about you. Case closed."

Hearing those words from your mouth must have soothed Giyuu's worries to some degree because you noticed his lips relaxing.

The Water Pillar sighed, "I've always wanted to hear that."

Just when you thought that your cheeks couldn't get any hotter, they just did.

But why did you have to be so flustered? At the end of the day, you knew that Giyuu could never see you in a romantic light, right?

Still, you couldn't ignore the odd feeling in your chest that ached to tell him...

To tell him about the way he would constantly make your chest flutter and bring your breaths to a halt.

Out of pure exasperation, you threw puny punches that did absolutely nothing to his hard biceps.

The boy curiously watched you, cocking his head to the side. "What are you..."

"You're. So. Confusing," you angrily huffed.

Even though you were married, you had the vain hope that Giyuu would reciprocate your burning feelings...

...because everything he would do and say would send you in emotional whirlwinds.

"I'm confusing to you?" Giyuu repeated, clearly stupefied.

You nodded, your slams growing louder.

Giyuu pretended to fight back by blocking your weak attacks with his forearms. When you noticed that he was about to sit up, you tackled the boy before Giyuu could pounce into further action.

Throwing your body at him, you tried to make it difficult for Giyuu to escape under your weight. You grabbed his wrists too, hoping that would deter his intent to resist.

Giyuu's stoic expression crumbled at the scene, a small smile stretched across his face. "You really think you can beat me?"

His words took you by surprise as you wrinkled your forehead. "What are you plan-"

Before you could finish, Giyuu pushed your smaller body off of him in one sweeping arm motion.

He seemed to fly through the air, his quick movements an absolute blur that your naked eye could not follow.

Turn. Kick. Flip. Whoosh.

The next thing you knew, your back laid against the cold, hard floor with Giyuu locking your legs to the ground while fixing your hands above your head.

You were exposed. Vulnerable.

Pinning you to the ground, Giyuu did a countdown.

"Three."

You tried to kick and flail, but he didn't let up.

"Two."

You were too weak, squirming in vain.

"One."

You gave up and laughed.

"And you win," you sighed in defeat, your warm, exhaled air gently blowing Giyuu's loose strands away from his face.

When his dark locks fell back down and brushed at your cheekbones, you suddenly noticed how incredibly close Giyuu's delicate face was to yours. Your mind went blank as your breath mingled together with his, heavy as they panted for air despite barely moving at all.

"I've been meaning to tell you something," Giyuu finally whispered. His voice was a trench of deep, rich tones that sent shivers down your spine. "It's about us."

You knew it.

As you attempted to read his expression, your heart wildly pounded against your chest.

Something about Giyuu-his aura, his actions, his mannerisms-had seemed different this past week, as if he had been hiding something from you.

You just didn't know what.

"What about us?" you quietly breathed.

There was nothing but silence for several minutes. Even the crickets had gone eerily quiet with not a single chirp left in the air, not even through an echo.

Everything was completely still, making you feel as though you and Giyuu were the only living things for miles.

Patiently waiting for a response, you were so engrossed in Giyuu's blue eyes, dark lashes, and porcelain skin that you didn't even notice your mother opening your room door.

"Giyuu Tomioka, what are you doing with my daughter?"

All of my readers are sooo sweet so thank you.