Chapter 27: The Which One Is Cole Game

"Damn it! He got away." Chris says over the radio.

My blood runs cold when I hear that and my heart starts pounding out of my chest. I start to hyperventilate.

"(Y/n) you need to calm down," Connor warns.

"Calm down. Calm down!" I yell. "We have a psychopath after us now Connor and you want me to calm down! Did you not hear what he told us in that house?!"

"I'll come for you two. Just you wait."

"He's gonna come after us! I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die." I mutter to myself and start freaking out and making weird inhuman noises.

"Just shut up and calm the fuck down Cole!" Dad snaps.

I stop and my breath hitches. I slowly look at Dad.

"What did you just call me?" I ask even though I heard him.

Dad realizes who he just called me and his eyes widen. "Oh shit. (Y/n) I'm—"

I put my hand up to stop him as I look away, closing my eyes to stop the tears that were trying to fall. A paramedic comes up to me and I turn around, letting them take me away.

Connor's POV

"Just shut up and calm the fuck down Cole!" Hank snaps at (Y/n).

My eyes widen as I look at Hank. I look at Gavin to see his eyes widened too and we share a look that says 'oh shit.'

(Y/n) slowly looks at Hank and I see tears brim the corner of her eyes.

'It was at that moment right there, Hank knew he fucked up.'

"Oh shit. (Y/n) I'm—"

She holds a hand up silencing him and looks away, closing her eyes. A paramedic comes over and takes her away. One comes over to Hank, wanting to deal with the cuts and bruises on him but he shakes his head.

"No thank you." Hank mumbles and the paramedic walks away, sensing he doesn't want to be bothered.

"What the hell was that?" Gavin asks, angered by this.

"Look it just slipped out. You know how much she looks exactly like him." Hank defends.

"Hank, you have to talk to her," I say.

He nods and sighs. "I know."

Your POV

"Dad." Cole and I call out to him.

He doesn't respond, too caught up in his work.

"Dad." We say again and this time he responds.

"What's up kiddos?" He asks, still focusing on his work.

"Let's play a game." We say in unison.

Dad turns to finally look at us to see the two of us wearing matching clothes and hats. I have my hair up in my hat so Cole and I look exactly identical.

"What game?" He asks.

"The which one is Cole game!" We say in unison once again.

The door to the hospital room opens and a doctor walks in.

"So it looks like you'll be in that cast for a few weeks. And you're allowed to leave after we sort some things out." The doctor says.

I smile at her. "Thank you."

She nods and returns a smile of her own. "You have some visitors. Would you like me to let them in?"

I nod. "Yes please."