unexpected coffee date

Warnings: none :)

Request from: humblecevans

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you saw him walk in, you could feel butterflies in your stomach. Your heart started beating faster and you couldn't fight the smile in your face.

Chris used to be one of your best friends in high school. Unfortunately, you'd drifted apart after graduation. You went to college in LA and Chris was in New York searching for acting opportunities. Since high school, you had a huge crush on Chris and it really hurt you when your friendship ended.

This morning, he walked in the coffee shop you work in. After graduating, you bought a local and built a coffee shop. You helped your workers and loved being in the shop whenever you could.

With your gaze, you followed Chris and saw him sit down on a table. You turned around and fixed your hair. Once you turned back around, with the intention of walking up to him, you saw another woman was already sitting in the chair in front of him. Your heart sank and you had to blink back a few tears. Plastering a fake smile in your face, you walked towards them.

"Good morning, how may I help you today?" Even though your face looked happy, your voice had a sad tone.

"Could I have a bacon sandwich, please?" The woman asked.

"Sure." You responded, trying to sound as cheery as possible.

"Y/n?" Chris asked, after looking at you intently.

"Hey, Chris." You said nonchalantly.

"Woah, I can't believe it's you! I've missed you so much!" He stood up and hugged you.

After a few seconds you hugged him back and smiled. Chris noticed you were uncomfortable and his smile dropped into a frown.

"Would you like some coffee?" You asked him and he nodded slowly.

"Alright. I'll be right back." You answered and walked back to the drink station.

You felt the need to cry but quickly pushed it away. One of your employees, and friend, prepared the sandwich while you made the coffee. After everything was done, you put the food in a small tray and walked to Chris's table. To your surprise, he was sitting alone.

"Hey. Will she come back? Do I leave the sandwich here?" You asked and placed his coffee in front of him.

"Uh, she won't come back but I'll take the sandwich anyways." He smiled at you.

Just as you were turning around he grabbed your wrist and said, "Wanna sit with me? If you're not too busy working, of course."

You softly smiled and nodded. He watched you as you sat down and took a sip of coffee.

"That was Tara. Remember her?" He asked.

Tara?!

Tara was Chris's ultimate best friend since they were toddlers. You never really met her but Chris usually told you about the amazing friend she was.

"Oh, yeah. I didn't know that was her," You chuckled.

"She had to go back home. Her husband had some trouble with the dogs." Chris laughed to himself.

She 's... married?

The fact that she was married gave you some relief. But at the same time, you stopped yourself from saying anything. You were barely friends with Chris anymore and wondering whether he was single or not would make it very awkward and inappropriate.

"Oh." You softly laughed, hiding the relief you felt.

"I know this might sound... ironic, but would you like to drink some coffee with me?" He asked.

You laughed and you could feel your cheeks heating up.

"Sure. I'm gonna make myself some." You were about to stand up but Chris stopped you.

"Woah, when people go on dates they don't make their own coffee." He smirked.

On. a. date. DATE. Please-

Chris called one of your coworkers and you ordered some coffee.

"So," He said, turning back to you, "What's up?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you guys enjoyed this imagine! Feel free to message me in case you have any requests! ily <3