Chapter Twenty-Six

The girl had found herself in Rengoku's dream. She peeked around the corner noticing Rengoku and his younger brother. 'Gotta make sure they don't see me.' The girl thought to herself. The girl found an invisible wall. She was at the very edge of the dream. The girl took a knife and stabbed the wall. 'This is one weird unconsciousness area... It's hot... I'm burning up.' She wandered around the open area and found a floating orb. 'Found it! The 'Spiritual Core'! The woman went to stab the orb but stopped.

Rengoku had grabbed the girl's throat before she could stab the orb.

******

Mono's eyes shot wide open, the girl sat up from the cold hard ground. Her spinel pink orbs looked around and noticed she was under a snow covered willow tree. Her hair was no longer in a bun, but it was let down, sprawled across the floor. This place looked very familiar.

"Mono!" A voice cried out an all to familiar one.

She could hear small footsteps from behind her. Her spinel pink orbs landed on another pair of pink eyes. The little girl had short black hair. She wore a long tan T-shirt that passed her knees. Her legs arms and neck was wrapped in bandages. Mono watched the girl run out from under the tree. Mono followed the girl. The girl ran back to the the house, Mono wasn't to far behind the little girl. The dark haired child turned a corner and before Mono could do the same, she stopped.

"What have I told you about running off?" A woman said. The dark haired girl pulled the little girl into the house. "You want to make mother proud, don't you? How are you suppose to make me proud when you run off, like this?"

"I'm sorry, mother." The dark haired girl said to the dark haired woman. The older woman dragged the girl inside. "Do you really think an apology will help you? I've told you hundreds of times that you won't escape. Besides you wouldn't leave you're mother, would you? You don't want to hurt me, right?"

The long white haired female listened to their conversation. 'How could I have listened to her? How could I have been so stupid.' Mono thought to herself. The dream continued on... No this wasn't a dream for Mono, a nightmare, a memory she never wanted to relive.

*****

"They're still having trouble. I wonder what happened. Maybe they haven't destroyed someone's 'Spirital Core' yet." The demon thought. "At least they're buying some time."

*****

Mono ran inside the house after the mother took the girl into the cellar. Mono remembered the cellar very well. She'd spend most of her time down there. It was dark, cold, wet and it smelled awful. Blood dried on the stone covered ground. The little girl lied on a bed strapped in place. "Mother, please let me go! I don't like this!" The little girl cried. "Shh. You want to make mother proud, don't you? Do this for mother." The dark haired woman said to the child. The woman held a syringe in hand that was filled with red liquid. Demon blood.
Mono's mother poked the syringe into a vain. Blood gushed out of the syringe. All the different kinds of blood was what made her into what she is today. The little girl scrramed in pain, tears coated her cheeks. Mono covered her ears tears streamed down her face, listen to the cries of the little girl. Her mother beat her repeatedly, yelling at her to keep quiet. The tears continued to fall, and the girl continued to cry. Her mother grew more annoyed with little girl.

"SHUT UP!! YOU ANNOYING BRAT!" The woman yelled grabbing a scalpel. The woman had cut into the throat and cut the child's vocal cords. The young child had passed out from the pain. The mother stitched her throat back up.
The small girl lied on the bed, blood staining her long tan T-shirt. Her mother wrapped more bandages around the neck. The mother had left the girl in the cellar. Mono ran over the little girl. She placed her hands on the girls face and noticed the pink mark on her cheek. She brushed the pink cheek with her thumb. Placed placed a hand on her bandaged cheek. 'I was so young. I should have ran away while I had the chance.' "I'm so sorry." Mono said, brushing the little girl's hair. "We would have never been in this mess if I'd just leave." Tears ran down the girl's face. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Mono had remembered a time where her mother use to be happy. It was her mother, her father, and her three older sisters. Once Mono had been born it all went down hill. Mother and father contstantly faught. The three older sisters would often blame the small girl, for their parents fighting. They ended up giving her the nickname Taboo. After their father had left he ended up taking his three older daughters. He left the youngest with the unstable mother. 'Why did father leave me behind?'

"What did I do wrong?"

The little girl had woken up. Her mouth opened up, but no sound would come out. Her mother had silenced her. Tears flowed from the child's eyes. Her throat hurt, her arms and legs were bruised. The girl lifted her tan T-shirt, bruises littered her body. The girl sat up in bed, but immediately lied back down. The small girl held her stomach.

"Why didn't I run away? I could have been freed from all of this." The white haired teen cried.

*Gasp*

************************ Taisho Secret *************************

Mono: "Time for a Taisho secret. My original hair color was actually black, due to stress my hair turned white by the age of six."

****
Hashira relationships (After the report of Mount Natagumo)

Kocho Shinobu: Kocho hated her for bring a demon, a Twelve Kizuki to the headquarters. She hated her even more for killing Demon Slayers. She didn't show it, but Mono would often stay away from Shinobu.

Tomioka Giyuu: He didn't know what to think of her honestly. She shouldn't have spared a member of the Twelve Kizuki. When he heard of her killing some Demon Slayers he couldn't help but dislike her. There was something about her that didn't seem right.

Rengoku Kyojuro: Sadly Rengoku didn't favor Mono either. He was shocked when he heard about what Mono did. He didn't like her for breaking the corps rules either. She should be killing demons not saving them.

Uzui Tengen: Sure she's attractive and has a pretty face, but Uzui hates Mono as well. It was mostly because she called him a 'Stupid Gorilla'. But he didn't think she was very flamboyant for killing her fellow Demon Slayer members. Kidding, she's still flamboyant to him, but he doesn't like her for killing Demon Slayers.

Tokito Muichiro: He didn't care, because he'd forget about what she's done anyway.

Kanroji Mitsuri: She was the only person who actually seemed to like Mono, even after the Mount Natagumo incident. She had assumed that you had a good reason to kill your fellow Demon Slayers. She wanted to come talk to Mono about it, but Obanai said otherwise.

Obanai Iguro: He hated her too, but it seems like he hates everyone anyways, so that doesn't hurt her feelings. He hated her more when Mitsuri called her cute. The hate continued to grow when she had killed some Demon Slayers.

Himejima Gyomei: He felt so sorry for Mono. He thought that she was being manipulated by the demon. But after the report he could help but disagree with her actions. He doesn't like her either.

Shinazugawa Sanemi: Hated her from the start too. She humiliated him, and on top of that Oyakata accepted her. That pissed him off even more. He wanted to kill her.