Chapter 33

Aftermath

Juan came running with sweat rolling in her forehead and her eyes filled with worry. She held my hand and turned me over and over till I get dizzy.

"Mommy! I'm getting dizzy!"

She stopped and look at me then said. "You- You just attended school today! What happened?"

"They called me ugly!" I am not ugly, definitely not.

"JuJu" she sighed wearily and held my face before continuing. "Of course my JuJu isn't ugly but you shouldn't call someone ugly as well. It hurts your feeling, right?" I nodded and she smiled. "That's why you shouldn't say that to anyone okay?"

I nodded obediently with a pout on my lips, she rubbed my head and was about to go to the principal's office when someone tugged the hem of my clothes.

"JuJu" I heard a whimper behind me and saw Xiao Ruo looking at me with his pitiful eyes.

"Xiao Ruo, is something wrong?" Juan came to Xiao Ruo's side and look at him in confusion.

"Will JuJu leave? Please don't let her leave!" He even held onto Juan's legs making her exclaim in shock.

"Xiao Ruo, get up! JuJu won't leave okay, come on up" she takes both of his hands and held him up.

This kid is truly loyal huh, even though he's such a naive dog but he's a genuine boy.

He Yan and Wu Rong Heng walked to us, they were like models strutting on a runway show and stopped.

"Ruo Ruo, stand up" He Yan commanded making Xiao Ruo stood up in no time.

Juan thanked the two of them and held my hand, Wu Rong Heng gave a smile in my direction making me release a sigh of relief.

"It's just a fight between kids, you don't need to worry much about it, I believe the school will be just and fair to this situation" He Yan said then I look behind me and it was the principal and a lavishly dressed woman brimming in gold with him.

"H-Hello Mr. Wu and Mrs. Wu, I am the principal of this school" his belly jiggled around as he walks and sent a greasy smile from us.

Ugh.

The woman pales behind him and begins to tame the fire in her eyes before. She smiled at them and ignored us, such a fake smile, then greeted the Wu family.

"Mr. and Mrs. Wu! It's just child's play, we were just uhh worried about our child. You know kids hehe... let's just let them be"

In the corner of my eye, I saw Juan stiffen and look h comfortable, her hold on my hand has also tightened. She must have felt it now, the unfairness of this materialistic society but never knew that this jas also applied to her sweet and innocent child.

"It's fine, it's just that your child said bad things to JuJu that prompted her to respond making this situation worse" He Yan answered back, and like a sharp sword, her eyes swiftly flew to her obvious act of looking for a favor.

I knew I wouldn't mistake the grandiose and influential family of the Wu clan. It's safe to say that I have potentially get rid of problems before they arrived just with the existence of these two in front of me.

"Oh then I'll talk to my child later, we won't let her do that anymore so how about we talked-"

"We need to take the kids back and besides, you shouldn't have this conversation with us but towards the kid who your child was rude to" High five Wu Rong Heng! That's such a great comeback!

Her smile stiffened and look back at us and only gave a cordial smile before running off her with her tails tucked on her legs. Hmph, weak!

"Mr. Wu our school-"

"We will rely on the fairness of the school's judgment, well then, we will leave now principal Cheng" He Yan cut him off and took Xiao Ruo's hands with me.

We left the school with Xiao Ruo's pair of grape dark eyes blinking at me and Juan's overflowing gratification for the Wu family.

"Thank you, Mrs. Wu and Mr. Wu" she said solemnly, her eyes clear and pure are now brimming over with gratitude.

"We abide in our integrity and moral character, the Wu family is never unjust" He Yan declared, my eyes lighting up and her honest words.

It's truly hard to see an honest family and just like hers, it's kind of worrying too since I have impure motives for getting so close with them.

"JuJu, gege is here, no one will bully JuJu when I'm here!" Xiao Ruo decided to crash the original heroic atmosphere making me scrunch my brows in distaste but then remember how loyal he is.

"Thank you gege! JuJu will also protect gege!" Can't believe that I have to protect him in this little kid form of mine.

The adults laughed and brought us to a restaurant before going back to our respective homes.

Sigh, it's truly great to have a golden thigh to hold onto.

***
Chapter 33 is up!

It's official, I truly hate research. Wish me luck on our hell week!

Have a great day today! Stay safe and healthy!

Please do VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!