6 - Suck It Up

|| small tw: mentions of abuse (non-descriptive) ||

Hiraeth; a longing for a home you can never return to, or that never was.

【 ϟ 】
Amora
September 27th 1997
The Nott family manor was a very cold place.

Through her childhood years she had gotten used to the cold. She'd just accept the ice deeply rooted in her bones.

When she first got to hogwarts it felt like most of the time she was on fire. At that point she'd almost forgotten how cold she'd been all those years.

At hogwarts she was finally warm.

Out of the many, many reasons she despised the manor, the frozen temperatures summed it up.

It wasn't all physically cold. Mother was cold. Deep deep down in her bones, indebted every space of her being, mind,  and soul she was cold.

Father never spoke to her, he was Theos burden.

But mother, mother was hers.

Amora's mother was the type of person that never really went away. She was at every corridor, over every shoulder, behind every smile. She'd hiss cold words in Amora's ear, hiss was always the right word to describe her voice.

Low and raspy yet high pitched, sometimes Amora thought she'd prefer a literal snake.

So when Amora thought the coldness was the worst part of being back, she meant it.

That was before the war. That was before she met someone, something worse than mother. For every corridor mother was at The Dark Lord was at three. His eyes pierced her very soul, splitting her mind. His voice killed more than a Mandrake's.

He was dramatic, arrogant and disgusting, but still utterly terrifying to young seventeen-year-old Amora Nott.

Now, watching him kill at the end of the very table she preformed her first spell, all she wanted was the warmth of the red haired girl she never seemed to stop running into. For the past two weeks all she wanted was to avoid the girl. She was simply too light. She'd just been reminded of what darkness really looked like, and she reckoned she could use a bit of light at the moment.

Be brave, be okay.

She blinked and straightened her black dress.

"Why aren't you wearing your corset?"

Her throat ran dry as she heard her mothers thick voice behind her.