Always

"Ryujin, what are you doing?" Lia asked out of curiosity while wandering around Ryujin's apartment.

"Just hanging these pictures I took at the beach and the hospital." Ryujin said and gave a big smile.

A picture of a familiar girl caught Lia's attention. Lia took the picture from the box and made Ryujin confused.

"Hey, t-this girl." Lia said while looking at the picture.

"Do you know her?" The short-haired girl asked while staring at Lia and waiting for a reply.

"Ryujin, this girl on the hospital bed is.. Yeji."

"W-what?" Ryujin weakly said and dropped the box of photos. "T-this g-girl is Y-yeji?" Ryujin said and took the photo from Lia's hand.

"Yes, Ryujin. I'm 100% sure of that."

Ryujin started grabbing her things and wore her jacket and scarf.

"Ryujin, where are you going?"

"I'm going to visit Yeji. You should go home, Lia."

--

"How could I be so dumb? I checked almost every house in our neighborhood, malls, graveyards, and Lia's fridge. How could I not think of visiting hospitals?" Ryujin said to herself while running and smacking her head.

"Don't worry, Hwang Yeji. I'm on my way to you." Ryujin said while holding the picture of the cat-eyed girl.

"You're so pretty." Ryujin said and let out a smile while trying to contain her tears.

--

"Hwang Yeji, I'm here!" Ryujin yelled and opened the door to Yeji's room.

Ryujin's eyes became watery as she noticed that Yeji's room is empty and getting sanitized by a nurse.

"May I help you?" The nurse asked the short-haired girl.

"W-where's t-the patient from this room?" Ryujin asked while giving a confused look.

"Hwang Yeji? she left a hour ago. I asked her where she's going and she said that she's going to visit someone special and she truly loves." The nurse said and smiled.

'S-shit.'

"M-may I ask what her condition was when she left?" Ryujin asked while wiping her tears.

"She had difficulties walking because of the pain the wounds on her stomach are causing."

'W-what? what the hell happened to Yeji? and why didn't she talk to me when I came in here.'

"And her vocal cords healed but her voice is a little raspy." The nurse said and earned a confused look from the short-haired girl.

'W-what?'

--

*Knock knock*

"Shin Ryujin... open the ... door." Yeji weakly said and let out a cough as she feels a stinging pain in her throat.

Yeji knocked several times and tried to open the door but she received no reply whatsoever from Ryujin.