17 | Magic

Yesterday was tiring after celebrating her birthday and going to explore the rest of the park

Yesterday was tiring after celebrating her birthday and going to explore the rest of the park. We had a great lunch and then we were back in New York City. The small getaway was over and I was really glad.

I couldn't stop thinking about anything but Nicholas. Rebecca had called him when we were at the airport yesterday so he left for her house directly from there. He did try to ask me if I was okay and I smiled and brushed it off. Yesterday was Vi's day and I wanted her to have fun. She and Xavier had the best time and I was glad.

On the other hand, it was a torcher being so close to Nicholas all the time. All his sweet gestures were eating me out. He said I looked nice in casual clothes, then the time when he opened the door for me, then the accidental touch of hands. This morning he hadn't come into the office and it didn't take a genius to figure out where he was.

I had learned my lesson. And I planned to stay away from him. It was great so far because he hadn't arrived. I don't know how much self-control I would need. I shook my head getting back to work. This is going to be a long day.

Around noon there was a knock on my door. "Come in." "Can I know my schedule for today Isabella?" I didn't look up and I nodded. After telling him everything I kept my Ipad aside and went back to work. I didn't want to see him.

I heard the chair in front of my desk being pulled. "Good morning," he said. "Good afternoon," I replied, looking at him briefly. "What's gotten into you?" he asked. "Nothing," I replied, giving him a fake smile and looking back down. I heard him sigh and he got up and left. And I regretted it immediately. Do I have to be mean to him? I thought. Yes, then he will ignore you and you guys will go back to being normal.

I was done with work for today and I was about to leave. His lights were still on and I wanted to ask him to go back home but I just walked out of the building. I have to do this. He has a girlfriend, remember?

The week had passed by and it was Thursday. I had successfully tried to be normal. I wasn't rude to him like the other day but I wasn't friendly either. There were no flirty comments and no touching. Very professional. I smiled going to his room, this is going to be a cakewalk.

"Good morning Nicholas," I said walking in. "Good morning," he replied, looking at me. I told him his schedule for the day. He had been doing fairly well after the trip. He didn't take sleeping pills. I made sure he had lunch and breakfast and dinner as well. "Did you eat?" I asked. "Yes, pancakes," he answered. I smiled.

I always bought us both lunch so I knew he wasn't skipping. "Great, I will see you at the meeting," I said, turning around and going back to the cabin. We had a meeting with the board of directors today. So even Robert was going to be here. I was excited to see him.

After completing my work I walked out to inform him about the meeting. The meeting room was ready. "Nicholas? The meeting is in 5," I said, peeping my head inside his room. He was on the phone so he nodded. I walked out and to the meeting room. Robert was talking with other board members.