10

Harry had showered after Tuesdays morning run. The twins had brought Lee Jorden, Caleb More and the whole Quidditch team that Monday. On Tuesday Lavender Brown and Casey Harper made the whole of the Gryffindor First years join the morning run.

The first years were far closer at the table since they had started their runs. Everyone seemed far more cheerful and - as Hermione pointed out - focused. They were discussing a charms lesson when the owls flew into the hall.

Harry noticed at once when the owls brought the broom and dropped it in front of Oliver. Oliver turned to Harry as he noticed the note on the top and Harry nodded in agreement. Nimbus Two thousand.

"Can we come and watch your training, Harry?" Ron asked wanting to see a nimbus two thousand in the sky.

Seamus joined Ron and Draco in watching Harry seeker training on his new broom. Oliver Wood looked fit to squeal when Harry moved as if he knew where the golf balls would be before they had left Oliver's hand. Harry worked with twenty years of instinct; his memories soared as he held onto the broom.

Harry was given facts about how the other team members worked and was warned of the strengths and weaknesses of the other teams.

"Harry, can I ask you something?" Olivers' voice changed as it did whenever he was talking about something none Quidditch related. Harry nodded. "How did you get the twins to draw us into that running?"

"You had told them they needed to be more disciplined. They decided to join me on their own- I don't know why they brought you guys."

"It's a great idea, Harry." Oliver nodded his voice picking up joy. "In the last couple of practices- the twins are so much better more in serious." He smiled. "We're already working better together- the girls too."

"It's getting some- not a lot." Harry rolled his eyes. "Of the twin's extra energy out. They said it will help with their pranks too."

"Oh no- may the gods help us all." Harry laughed at Olivers joke and went back up on his broom.

Two weeks later on the second of October a second broom was dropped in front of Oliver Wood.

"Harry, is this yours?"

"I've got my Nimbus." Harry shrugged.

"It's got your name on it." Oliver told him.

"Open it and have a look- maybe they accidently sent me two." Harry wasn't the world's best liar but he wasn't the worst.

Oliver opened the parcel at the handle. "Ahh."

"What is it Olly?" Oliver glared at Fred but answered.

"It's a Nimbus Astro. A professional keepers broom. The Keeper for the Dublin Dragons has this broom." He looked over the light wood of the broom his eyes very slightly misty.

"Umm why would they send me a keeper's broom. I'm a seeker." Harry was smiling. "Hey, it's your birthday today right Captain? Do you want it?"

"You bought me this broom?"

"Maybe." Harry admitted. "I got a discount because of my broom."