Bad Horsey!

Once he said those words,  it was like the entire world came to a standstill. The surroundings became darker upon the mention of Abad'don. For some reason, I tensed up when I heard his name. Then, within a second, the feeling was gone. The atmosphere became lighter but there was still a grim feeling in the air.

   "How do I know that this isn't some trap?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes before speaking "You don't. But I don't see you having any other choice." The accuracy in his words made me grind my teeth a little.

   "Fine, what about your friends here. They are in for a surprise once they reach Valhalla and hear the stories about me." I said chuckling. "What stories?" Asked the only other guy in the einherjar group.

   "Didn't I just mention 'once you reach Valhalla'? Why spoil the surprise?" I said smugly.

   The guy growled at me and readied his axe. Before anyone could say anything, he pounced on me. He swung his axe and I instantly ducked. Within the blink of an eye, I had pinned down against the floor and held my sword to his neck, it's tip touching and drawing a tiny amount of blood. Someone had anger issues...and it wasn't me.

   I looked around and noticed two bows and a spear pointed at my face. I really needed to bring the hunters of Artemis here to meet them once.

   "Everyone! Stop!" Said Danwer, intervening in between. For an einherjar, he was pretty smart. The ladies hesitantly lowered their weapons and I took back my sword, releasing the guy from my hold. He got up and took a few steps back, rubbing his neck where my sword had slightly touched. 

   "I would love to fight and hand your asses to you..." I said while laughing a bit.

   "But I've got somewhere to be. So ta ta everyone!" I said and waved my hand over them. Shadows formed in a perimeter around them and a column of fire engulfed the group. When the fire dissipated, the only thing left on the floor was a suspiciously charred piece of plastic.

   "What did you do to them?!" yelled Danwer. I rolled my eyes before replying "Relax, I just transported them back to Valhalla" I said and Danwer relaxed.

   "At least I think I did..." I muttered the last part to myself.

   "So!" I chirped with a broad smile "Where are we planning to go?"  Danwer scoffed in disbelief at my over-enthusiasm. He then looked at a distance and spoke in a sad tone.

   "Home...or at least, one of them..." he said sadly.

   "Okay...I need you to get a teensy bit specific." I said sheepishly. It was good that Danwer, if that's even his real name, was opening up to me.

   Danwer studied me curiously, like a teacher would to a student who was covered in mud. He then smirked and crossed his arms.

   "Have you ever been to Turkmenistan? Lovely place, though it could use a touch of purple" he said, still smirking. I didn't know how to respond to that. I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

   "What are you waiting for? Let's go!" He said impatiently. What did he even want me to do? Carry him across the globe? Cause that ain't happening. Nuh-uh. Flashing would also take too much energy. I still hadn't had a proper grip on my powers.

   Then I remembered the pendant that I was wearing. I pulled it out and it started to give off a soft green glow. The horse symbol looked fluid and was almost like it was moving.

   Next to me, Danwer stiffened and took a few steps back. He looked like he saw a ghost and kept staring at the pendant. "Where did you get that?" He asked in a serious voice, still not taking his eyes off the item.

   "Uh...why? Is there something wrong?" I asked worriedly. The last thing I needed was riding with an immortal who's scared of jewelry. 

   "That thing reeks of death. It's almost....it's almost like I can be killed by it....permanently" he said. I raised my eyebrows a bit "What do you mean permanently?" I asked.

   "I'm not your everyday immortal. I can die very much like others but I'm always brought back to life with all my injuries. I have spent the past two thousand years walking this earth. And I have died on multiple occasions. But this, finally looks like a death with no return" he said. He looked to be tearing up a little.

   "Maybe my time is coming to rest. Immortality is a curse in the disguise of a blessing." He said with a sad smile. Man, this guy really wanted to die, didn't he?

   "Well, I would love to see you die...not really....but we have to go. Just...don't wet your pants" I said and threw the pendant on the ground.

    Green smoke came out from the inscription on the amulet[[{Amulet is the same thing as a Pendant right?}]] and formed a shape of something that resembled a horse. Eventually, the bracelet dissolved into the smoke and the green figure of the horse started moving. It started to trot slowly before cantering[[{is that the correct term?}]]

   The horse of smoke turned towards us and started galloping to our direction at a high speed. The smoke started to solidify as the horse got closer and closer. It showed no clear signs of stopping which worried me. You could now see clear outlines of the shape but no other details.

   It kept approaching and turned only at the last moment, when it was dangerously close, to solidify completely and give out a short neigh. 'Sup losers' it said in my head. By the look of surprise on Danwer's face, it was clear that he heard it too.

   "And this, my dear friend, is...um...what's your name again?" I asked the horse. I really didn't remember it telling me a name. 

   'Name's Jim, short for jammy' said the horse with pride in his voice. I looked at it weirdly "Death has a horse named Jammy? And is nicknamed as Jim? What in the name of heavens?..." I sputtered, utterly confused.

   "This is Death's horse?!" screamed Danwer, standing next to me. I looked at him like 'long story' before motioning him to mount the horse. I went first and Danwer followed but whispered the location we needed to travel to in 'Jammy''s horse ear. 

   "Ahh this is gonna be a fun ride, should last an hour or so. I've got so many stories to tell" said Danwer, making himself comfortable on the horse. Wasn't he just screaming a few second back? Mood swings maybe?

    This was going to be the longest hour of my life. Jim started galloping and Danwer started narrating his tales. Apparently staying alive for two thousand years will make you have some very interesting encounters.

        "Have I ever told you about the time I was eaten by a giant squid?"

<Remember to vote>