The first steps || 1

"Don't turn on the stove and see Aera doesn't put anything in her mouth okay? We'll try to come back real soon." Jaehyun said and patted the younger son's head as he kept whining to take him with them.

"Take care" Eunmi said and headed out with her husband. Jungkook pouted watching their parents' car speeding off from the driveway leaving the kids at home. They had received an urgent call from the company saying their clients have arrived and wanted to prepone the meeting. Having no other choice, Jaehyun -the CEO- and Eunmi, -the managing director- had to leave Aera and the boys alone for the first time.
Although they trusted Jimin, they knew he himself was young, just thirteen. So they decided one of them would come back early.

"C'mon Kook, let's go in." Jimin said and turned around going back to the living room, knowing that the younger boy would come behind him on his own.

Jungkook sighed and threw himself on the couch watching his hyung sitting on the floor with his books on the coffee table while he continued doing his homework. Jimin took one of his rough notebooks and wrote a few math questions including times tables and some fractions, and handed it to Jungkook who frowned.

"What?"

"Solve this, you're not going to sit doing nothing." Jimin said and gave him a pencil, "I'll check it in the next ten minutes."

"No! That's so quick! I'm not doing this." Jungkook retorted and pushed the notebook back.

"Jungkook sit back here, and yes you're doing it. Dad told you to learn the tables didn't he?"

"...I know them already."

"Liar" Jimin muttered, "Yeah? Then tell me, what's 6 times 12 ?"

"....62? Forget it, I'll do this. But I want more time." Jungkook said sighing dramatically as he took the notebook and a pencil.

"Not even a second more than ten" Jimin declared.

"Ugh!" Jungkook groaned and started scribbling on the pages angrily as he struggled multiplying 750 by 13. Jimin shook his head and focused back on his work.

"Done?" The elder boy asked exactly after ten minutes.

"What? Ten minutes are not over yet."

"They are" Jimin said, "Are you done or not?"

"Uhm just two-"

The boys fell silent as they heard a crying sound. Jungkook smiled widely finding a good escape from math and stood up, "Aera's up, I'll go get her." He said, running off from the room. Jimin sighed and closed his books.

"Hyung!" Jungkook shouted from the room over the sharp crying noise of the baby.

"What?" Jimin shouted back, "Bring her here!"

In a moment Jungkook came carrying the 11 months old baby who kept on crying. Jimin gasped and hurriedly took her from him while using his one hand to smack Jungkook's head.

"That's not how you carry a baby, stupid!" Jimin scolded.

"She kept moving around..." Jungkook mumbled, "Sorry"

Jimin patted Aera's back and bounced up and down her lightly in his arms while talking with her to distract her from crying. But it wasn't working. Jimin lifted her up a bit and sniffed her bottoms, realizing what the problem was.

"Kook, get her diaper" He told the younger who nodded and jogged back to the room, coming with a fresh, new diaper for his sister. Jimin laid the baby girl on the couch and started unbuttoning her onesie.

"Shh, its alright. We're getting our princess cleaned. You'll feel good after this." Jimin said to the baby who didn't seem to understand. Jungkook sat next to them and leaned down bringing his face above Aera's and rubbed his nose against hers.