29

Harry was walking back up from the medical wing. He was glad to have had at least one good night's sleep that week. He was halfway back to his dorm when a sight made his blood run cold.

Draco was lying on the floor; fear edged on his face and a mirror in his hand; pointing around the corner.

BLOOD TRAITOR

Smeared on the wall; in blood red paint.

Harry was found there by two prefects; just staring at his friend. One tried to pull Harry away as the other ran for a teacher. Harry couldn't move his eyes from the boy; he gripped onto Zana. The cat still hadn't left his side since Mrs Norris was killed. She sat at the back of his classes and even came into the bathroom with him. The poor thing was terrified; so was Harry.

Professor Snape was the one who arrived. "Evens. Harry come on; He's only petrified." He placed his hand on the boy's robes.

"He's a pure blood. It doesn't make sense." Harry told the professor. Blood traitor. Was that what Draco was now; that would mean both he and Ron were in the same boat?

"It doesn't make sense."

The loss of a friend whether Hermione or Draco was a pull to find the diary. Harry watched everyone now; someone had the diary.

"Harry where did you find the diary last time?" Hermione asked him.

"It was thrown into Myrtle. Or down a toilet she never really clarified."

"Moaning Myrtle?" Ron asked.

"Yes but it's just Myrtle." He told them. "She doesn't like being called Moaning Myrtle."

"We could go and speak to her?"

"Hermione she lives in a bathroom; a girl's bathroom." Ron complained. "And anyway why don't you look for the person who had it last time."

"I have looked and she doesn't."

"Who?"

"It was Ginny, Ron. She's safe this time thank god."

They walked to the bathroom; almost no one went out alone now. If pure blood Draco Malfoy was attacked, then no one was safe.

"Hi Myrtle are you in here?"

"What do you want?" Myrtle glared at them. "You're not girls."

Harry smiled at her. "I want to check if you were alright."

"Why do you care?"

"Well the events that caused your death are happening again. It must be horrible for you." Harry told the ghost girl. "So we're checking on you."

"Oh well thank you but I'm perfectly fine here. Not like I can die again can I." She turned.

"Why don't you every really leave here Myrtle?" Harry asked.

"I like it. No one bothers me too much."

"Do you want us to leave now we know you're alright?"

"Umm well you don't have too; I suppose. Not like I could make you." She let out a small smile.

Harry moved to sit on one of the sinks. "So what was it like going to school here when you were a student. Weren't you in school with Tom Riddle; what did you think of him?"

"Oh umm Tom; he was handsome and quite brave. Very poor. He dated Ara Black for a while but she found out he was a half blood and dumped him."

"The Blacks were horrible?"