Siblings

The practice was now over and Noah was in the locker room changing with the guys.

"So Noah, when can the crew meet your new girl," Vinnie asked Noah.

"I don't think you will. She doesn't even know I used to sell drugs."

Noah was trying to keep some of his life secret that would run DIxie away, even if that included his people that he called his family.

"Well, she's gonna find out about us eventually", Josh said entering the locker room.

"Josh!! You're here, I thought you were at college", Noah said engulfing Josh into a hug.

Josh was one of the first few friends Noah had made when he first started to sell drugs and he were also one of the few who supported his decision on leaving. Josh, though, had left for college two months ago with his girlfriend, Nessa.

"Well, I and Ness came out to visit you. She's out on the bleachers with someone named Dixie I believe. Is that the girl everyone is talking about?"

"Yea, actually and I have a date with her this afternoon so I think I should start heading home with her, but before you leave text me so we can hang out."

Josh had quickly grabbed Noah's arm before he could leave and looked him in the eyes.

"Don't push her away, she seems like she is a caring person. Don't let your parent's actions ruin your chance at finding love."

Noah had never wanted to blame his parents for pushing people away. He still had hoped that they would come back, but deep down he knew they never would. Noah also knew that deep down, he was only hurting himself and others when he pushed people away. Noah wanted to avoid that all cost with Dixie, but he couldn't help it sometimes.

"I'll try not to", Noah said walking out of the locker room, heading towards where Dixie was standing, talking to Nessa.

Noah came up behind Dixie and eased his hand into hers and locked fingers. Dixie was a little startled at first, but then realized they were Noah's hands so turned around.

"Hey, you did great out there", Dixie said cheerfully with a big grin that you could see from miles away.

"Thanks haha."

"Hello to you too, brother," Nessa said standing across from Dixie with her arms crossed.

"Oh sorry Ness, forgot you existed once you left for college", Noah joked and looked around like he was lost.

"Oh shut up, whatever", Nessa laughed, pulling her brother into a hug.

"I've missed you. How has college been?"

"It's great, but I feel bad for leaving you here all alone with the bills and everything."

"Don't worry about it, I'm fine, I might be moving anyways but mom and dad decided to show up so now I'm staying with a friend."

"I'm sorry that I wasn't here for you."

"It's fine, you have a life to live also, but I have to go now so text me before you leave."

"Ok, bye Noah, and it was nice meeting you Dixie."

"You too", Dixie said turning around to walk to the car.

Noah and DIxie walked to the car, and Noah opened Dixie's door for her.

"Why, thank you."

Noah then got in the car on his side. When he got in, it felt a little off, almost as if, there was a bit of an awkward sense of presence. Noah then looked at Dixie and saw her eyes were puffy and saw a few attempts of Dixie trying to cover marks of water downed mascara. He could see that she had clearly been crying, he just didn't know what from. He also didn't wanna become invasive so he simply asked.

"Dix, I can see you have been crying, what happened before you came to pick me up from practice", Noah asked.

He used one of his fingers and gently rose her chin to make her face him. Dixie avoided his eyes at all cost, knowing that if she made eye contact, she would start crying again.

"I got in an argument with the girls earlier, and they said somethings that really hurt me and made them seem very unsupportive of a decision I made or am making", Dixie said to Noah holding back tears.

"I'm sorry, maybe you guys need some time apart, then you can all discuss the issue together. There is a reason behind everything that a person says, but let's not worry about them. Let's get you home so I can set up the date then we can head out."

Dixie started to smile a bit at the thought of her having a date with Noah.

"I didn't know you had a sister", Dixie stated turning to Noah.

"Well, there is a lot you don't know about me, but hopefully it isn't that way for long."

"Well your sister seems loving and she's beautiful, maybe if I like this date, we can go on a double date with her and Josh. Maybe even more of your friends since I don't know them all that well."

Noah started to panic a bit at the thought of Dixie meeting his friends that he didn't associate with during school hours. He knew that they wouldn't purposely say anything about his past, but him selling drugs weren't his only secrets he hid from her. Noah completely hated his past decisions he had made and if he or any of his friends slipped up and stated them out to Dixie, she wouldn't even think about the chance of allowing herself to date Noah. She would probably even hate him. Noah was in such a panic that he didn't even hear Dixie calling out to him and violently shaking him.

"Noah, are you okay?!" Dixie said.

"Huh oh uh sorry, of course, I will text her before the end of the week", Noah said trying to sound a bit calm but clearly failing.

Dixie could feel the tension and panic in his voice and mood, which caused her to wonder if he were hiding something from her, which also made her think back to what the girls had said about Noah. This was the second time of her thinking about this and it was causing Dixie to worry, but she knew Noah wouldn't lie to her so she took his hand and turned his head to hers.

"Hey, calm down. We don't have to go on a date with them if you want to. It's your decision since it's your sister ", Dixie said giving him a gentle kiss on his cheek.

"I'm sorry for panicking like that, it's just that you're the closest anyone has ever gotten to me and my sister ever since my parents abandoned us so.. But I would love to go on a date with you and my other friends. I'm sure they would love you after all."

Dixie's heart melted when she heard that Noah was allowing her to draw closer to his family and friends. She felt that she was becoming important to him, and knew that he actually cared for her.

"Well, could you start the car back because we still have a date to go to and us sitting on the side of the road is wasting plenty of time that could be going towards us sitting together", DIxie said giggling out of excitement.

Noah started the car and they sat in comfortable silence until they made it to Dixie's home.

"We're here Dilly", Noah said grabbing his door handle and getting out of the car.

He walked around the car and went to Dixie's side and opened her door for her.

"Thank you, now goodbye", Dixie said running into the house upstairs to get ready for her date.

"I guess I will just go set up and then get ready", Noah said getting back in his car and heading to set up the date spot.

-1,300 words

I'm finally getting to the date now.....hehe... goodbye

someone update so that I have a reason not to do my school work. I basically graduate this month( No I'm not 17,18, or 19, or anything above)