Chapter 20 - His Evil Side

{Y/N's POV}

I went into the library to do some exploring. Who is the man that got killed? I wondered. I brought the newspaper with me and started reading.

📰

Last night, at 3 A.M. there was a loud scream coming from a 38-year-old muggle's home. The screams were his own.

"I heard it but assumed it was his friends messing around." -neighbor.

His body was found by some muggle teens who planned on selling some girl scout cookies. They reported it and it was reported as a break-in. A wizard detective recognized the scars and burns on the victim and reported it to the ministry.

The Ministry of Magic takes this as a serious crime and anyone who is caught involved with Sir, Tom Riddle's murder and break-in will be pressed with serious charges.

📰

I was whiplashed. Sir Tom Riddle.

'She even named me after his silly muggle name, Tom Riddle.' I remembered him saying. I didn't even bother reading the next few lines and went to find Tom. There was no way this was a coincidence.

I got up and left the library to look for Tom. I already knew which room I had to be in to find him. My feet carried me to the room of requirement. I looked around me to make sure no one was looking. I closed my eyes and imagined the room he brought me in yesterday.

When I opened my eyes, I saw the same large door before me. I opened it and went inside. As expected, I saw Tom reading a heavy book on one of the couches. He didn't seem to notice me, as he was stuck in a trance. I couldn't help but notice how perfect he looked when he was focused.

I quickly snapped back to reality and walked over to him. I stood in front of him and cleared my throat, to get his attention. He didn't look up from his book, but I could tell he sensed my presence.

"Did you kill him?" I asked.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," he said.

"Did you kill Sir Tom Riddle?" I asked.

He looked up from his book and saw the newspaper in my hand.

"You mean the muggle?" Tom said, oblivious about the situation.

"Yes, the muggle," I said in annoyance.

"Yes," he said and went back to reading his book.

I scoffed in disbelief. "You killed your father!" I shouted.

"And?"

"And because of what? Is it because he abandoned you and your mother? Is that it?!" I scolded him.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him. He leaned in my ear and whispered in an angry tone, "Don't talk about my mother without my permission."

His grip loosened and he pulled away.

"You should've been there," he said. "You should've heard the way he pleaded for me to forgive him."

The image in my mind frightened me. He really was evil.

"He begged me and swore to do anything. That pathetic man even got on his knees and I'll admit it, it felt good to see him that way." Tom smirked, remembering the look on his fathers' face.

"How much more pathetic can he get?" Tom said with a slight laugh. "It was surprising to me by how much I resembled his looks, but we're nothing alike," Tom said.

"I am much more powerful and nothing like him. He is just a mere memory now, poor, old, daddy." He said 'daddy' with every ounce of hate and spite in his body.

I looked at Tom with disbelief. How can one man hold so much hate towards someone? I thought. "Anyways, is that all that you came here for?" Tom asked me. "To scold me about killing the man that abandoned me before I even was born?"

I was on the verge of tears. This is the kind of man who felt something towards me. I didn't even know how to react and reply so I ran out of there. And it wasn't much of a surprise...

... that he didn't try to even stop me.

---

Hello!~ I honestly don't even know what to say. 😂 Ok, so currently, my sister is simping over Number Five (Aidan Gallagher) from The Umbrella Academy. That show is so good, I can't wait until the next season comes out! Do you like that show?

Sincerely, tomriddleisswag

P.S. This is kind of weird and random, but my crush turned on his mic today in class (I'm doing virtual classes) and his voice sounded SO DEEP. LOL, K bye.

🤎⌛️☕️

3/18/21