Chapter 6- C-L-O-S-E

You know that feeling where everything around you seems to stop? That's what Emma was feeling right in that moment. She was at her favorite coffee shop, when she bumped into no other person than Peter Parker.

  She had never met anyone she had hacked information to get. So, needless to say, this was an odd experience. She couldn't get his number, because he would know he ran into her. The infamous Emma who chats the Avengers on a daily basis.

  So, instead of being a normal person and just talking, she ran. She didn't even have the chance to pick up her coffee. Because in that instant, to her the coffee didn't matter. And that was saying a lot. Emma loved her coffee. Her foster parents were starting to get worried with her unhealthy obsession, in which they otherwise called an addiction.

  Peter found that encounter particularly odd. They were in a coffee shop, and she just left after bumping into him. He even noticed that she didn't pick up her coffee in which was just sat on the counter for her.

  When he looked to see her name, hoping to say sorry and give her the coffee, he realized. The name on the cup was "Emma". And, well, most people would yell or apologize after running into him. And that raised a red flag for him, and adding the name on the cup, two red flags. He knew it was her. She was the Emma he'd been chatting with.

  Emma realized her mistake a little too late, and so she just walked home, shaking her head. She should have known that was going to raise suspicion. Peter Parker knew what she looked like. And that put her in danger.

  She was sure Natasha and/or Wanda would save her ass from Peter and Tony, but she didn't know if that was going to be enough. The whole team wanted to know who Emma was, and now they will know that she has blonde hair. Enough of her face was disguised as she was surprisingly shorter than Peter, so the baseball cap she had been wearing saved her from them getting too much information on her.

  She was happy she had worn the hat, but she needed to take the hat off. There were many blondes walking down the street, but not many wearing a Spider-Man hat. Yes, she knew that it looked ridiculous, but she personally liked it.

  The hat had some significance, so she wasn't just going to throw it out. So, she just put it into her sweatshirt pocket. Next, she took off the black sweatshirt and ties it around her waist. To hide better, she put her hair up into a ponytail. Lastly, she put on some fake, but fashionable, glasses.

  Peter ran by her, looking for the mysterious Emma, and she was happy that the half-assed disguise had worked. But, what can she say, the guy's an idiot. Well, more of an idiot genius. He hadn't even bothered to think that Emma had changed her outfit.

She laughed a small bit, "That was close."