𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐈𝐈

GENIUS

Darla gave Tony a sympathetic look as she got out of the car, followed by Steve, Briar, Natasha and Scott.

"Auntie Darla." Morgan cheered excitedly as she squirmed out of Tony's arms and ran over to the girl.

"Oh my, look how big you've got." Darla smiled as she picked the girl up. "Give me two minutes." She looked back towards the others before walking towards Tony. "Can we go inside?" Tony nodded and followed the girl, who held his daughter, into his house.

"What the hell?" Tony questioned throwing up his arms. Morgan had gone to play in her bedroom whilst they talked.

"I'm sorry, T, but we need your help." Darla whispered.

"I trusted you with the whereabouts of my family, Darla, you promised you'd keep it a secret." Tony pointed towards the girl.

"What about my family, Tony?" Darla questioned, her voice cracking slightly. "I need them back. My parents, my siblings, my friends. Our friends." She angrily tapped his chest. "You walked out on us, the least you can do is listen to us."

Tony lightly slapped the girls hand away and pulled her in for a tight hug. He could tell that she needed it.

"I need this to work, Tony." Darla whispered into his chest. "I need it to work."

"I know, kid." He muttered into her hair. "It's okay." Tony hushed. He pulled away and looked down at the girl. "Somethings different about you."

"It's her ring daddy." Morgan said as she peered around the corner. Tony let out an over exaggerated gasp and grabbed Darla's hand.

"So, he finally did it, aye?"  Tony grinned teasingly. "He finally popped the question. Only took him what? Twelve years."

Darla glanced down at her ring with a smile. Tony was right, it took Steve a long time to ask. But she wouldn't have changed it for the world. Every year they spent with one another made them closer. It strengthened their bond.

~

They all sat on the front porch as Scott just finished explaining their plan to Tony, who was currently pouring everyone a fresh drink.

"Now, we know what it sounds like-" Scott half heartedly chuckled.

"Tony, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible?" Steve questioned, his arms wrapping around Darla's shoulders and pulling her closer to him.

"Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck Scale, which then triggers the Deutsch Proposition. Can we agree on that?" Tony questioned, looking around at everyone and handing them all a drink.

Nobody seemed to understand what Tony had just said, but they allowed him to continue anyway.

"In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home." Tony shrugged, putting it simply.

"I did." Scott interrupted.

"No, you accidentally survived. It's a billion to one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull off a-What do you call it?" Tony questioned looking to Scott.