P A Y B A C K

Aurora Lupin

One week later

One week later

Mattheo and I stood on the steps of my house, it was 5;58 and we were having dinner with my parents at 6.

"Scared?" I joked.

"Yes" Mattheo mumbled.

"Oh, seriously?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Seriously" he said.

"Don't be" I smiled at him holding his hand in mine.

"My mom is already so excited to meet you
and— and, well I don't think my dad will try and kill you" I smiled, trying to be reassuring.

"I won't leave your side all night" I kissed his cheek, he smiled shyly.

I reached for the door and we both walked into my house. My parents weren't by the door so I pulled Mattheo a little further towards the dining room.

"Hello!" My mother walked into the dining room from the kitchen, she had used her Metamorphmagus abilities to transform her face into a duck.

"Oh god" I mumbled putting my head in my hands.

"Wha— wow! Is-is this your mom?" Mattheo tried to play it cool but I knew he was freaking out.

"Mom, you're scaring him" I laughed.

"Alright" she said and got rid of her duck face.

"Wow that um, what was that?" Theo turned to me and whispered.

"She's a Metamorphmagus, she can change her appearance at will"

"That's cool, can you do that?" Mattheo asked.

"No, no I didn't inherit that" I said.

"Let's eat the foods ready" my mother smiled.

My father was already seated at the head of the table. I took a seat next to him with Mattheo on my left.  My mother sat across from me.

"The food looks lovely mom" I smiled at her.

"Thank you, hopefully you'll think it tastes lovely" she laughed.

"So Mr.Riddle— is it alright if I call you Mattheo?" My father asked, already he had a hit of attitude towards Mattheo.

"Yes" Mattheo replied.

"What are your plans for after Hogwarts?" My father asked.

I sighed and started filling my plate with food.

"I haven't really thought about it." Mattheo said.

"I suppose you'll just join your father after Hogwarts" my father snarled at Mattheo.

"Dad!" I scoffed.

"No, it's alright Aurora" Mattheo said calmly.

"I don't plan on joining my father, I plan the exact opposite. I plan to get as far away from him as possible." Mattheo stated.