42.

Taehyung stopped taking a loud breath in

"Fall down Jimin!" He raised his voice so Jimin did watching his friend lifting his hands, the robe around him flattered. A stream of force rolled over the field changing into a green dragon that began to chase the men with glowing fire. They dropped the swords running back, but the force caught up to them knocking them off their feet falling into the wall to burn out a huge hole in it.

"Wow! You're great!" Jimin smiled to Taehyung before jumping up running through that new opening into the city closely followed by his friend while the dragon was paving their path.

The sky above the capital was clouding quickly, the frosty air becoming colder and Jungkook hoped Namjoon hasn't sent some mysterious forces against them. He was expecting demons to fall from the clouds any second as he has never seen clouds like those, turquoise like some jewels.

This morning his army has surrounded the city and after a blood filled battle, the soldiers broke through behind the wall. Jungkook's heart was uneasy, his gift unable to fully form today, as he was still in deep grief after losing Jimin, maybe forever. This thought stopped him on the Main Street leading to the palace.

"Jungkook let's get going. I don't like how the sky is turning, we need to hurry," Yoongi who has been fighting on his side turned his way.

"I have never seen such clouds, so something is coming," captain Fang moved his nostrils in a tiger like way stopping beside him.

"I haven't seen such clouds either," whispered Jungkook squeezing the sword tighter. "Let's go," he ran forward down the street towards a hidden pathway to the palace.

The demon soldiers were coming out onto his army from the main palace gate, but Jungkook stormed in between two nearing buildings.

"Captain Fang hold them back, good luck," Jungkook placed his hand on the man's shoulder giving him a sign to take over the leadership how they had planned before.

"Good luck my king," Fang nodded his head then roared shifting, his huge tiger form so impressive causing a tear to roll down Jungkook's cheek, as seeing his hybrid captain made him miss Jimin even more.

How he was always sticking his head out of the backpack with messed up, bred crumbs filled fur, or how he has been hiding underneath the pillows all shyly, his Jimin with beautiful green eyes, soft fox ears, the lovely scent of his body, the insane structure of his pulp lips.

"Jungkook, are you good to go?" Yoongi's voice brought him back to here and now, so he pressed the sign carved into the wall down with his glove opening the secret passage.

Yoongi dived in first, Jungkook followed taking his mother's dagger out caressing the purple jewels so it light up so suddenly uncovering a stone tunnel leading down to the basements of the city.

"Is that some magical object?" Asked Yoongi when the wall fell close behind them.

"Yes," muttered Jungkook leading down the tunnel trying to stop the images of the past waking up in his head.

The long palace stable where he had been waiting for general Hoseok to take him for a dangerous mission into The Lightless Forest, the initiation ritual for a young boy to become a man, he was so afraid of, coming back form his memory. He had been only fifteen, yet his father demanded him to get through it like every male member of his bloodline. Those legends circling around about the forest - telling that you could go blind, then insane, while being in the everlasting darkness residing inside it - so frightening.

Jungkook remembered that moment, him sitting on a box with fresh straw for the horses praying to keep his sane mind during the days ahead.

"Prince," a soft voice made him look up from where he had been sitting.

Dressed in Hoseok's dark cloak Emerald entered, she must have ignored all orders sneaking in here, yet she knelt down next to him. Jungkook remembered looking up into her green eyes feeling safe again like each time she was singing lullabies for him when he had been just a boy.

"I know you're not supposed to take any weapon with you, but it's not only a weapon anymore so hide it nicely," she leaned towards his ear whispering pressing something cold into his hands and he looked down to see his mother's dagger. "Whenever you will need some light rub the crystals."

Their eyes met then she turned disappearing in thin air like only a real magician could. Curious he rubbed over the jewels to see the whole dagger lighting up like a star. That beautiful light had kept his safe in the darkest place in his land, had guided him, guarded during short naps, scared off monsters lurking in the dark.

The same light was here today leading him through the capital's underworld towards the palace.

Another cold tear rolled down Jungkook's cheek. He had loved Emerald like a second mum. She had been as brave as her son and Jungkook had difficulties to keep walking. Had he known back then that the love of his life had already been growing inside Emerald's body, he would have done everything to keep them both safe. Forever.

Yes, sure you're pathetic Jungkook, you couldn't have even kept Jimin beside you, the thought diving deeper into the tunnels feeling Yoongi following in some distance behind him.

"Is it still far?" Asked Yoongi so Jungkook stopped reaching for the map he has drawn last night.

"I think we're half way through," muttered Jungkook folding the map turning left into a corridor  that was leading upwards.

He heard Yoongi staying a bit behind.

"Are you ok?" Asked Jungkook turning.

Thank you so much for your love. What do you think about Tae helping Jimin and Jungkook entering the tunnels with Yoongi and his memory? Will he stay safe in the palace's underworld?

Much <3