76

Harry fell asleep on the train ride back to London. He didn't sleep much the night before. Instead, he stayed up to relay his year to his father. Harry wasn't quite sure why he waited so long; just that he did.

James Potters memory was not as protective or fatherly as Harry had always imagined his father to be. Of course this memory was trapped at the very latest twenty-one years old. He was barely out of childhood when he lost his life. The living Sirius and Remus were much more protective; because they of course they had had years of life behind them now. Of course Mr Prongs did try to be parental about his son being in the Tri-wizard tournament; His son could have died. However, when he was informed of Harry kissing a girl for the first time he turned into some kind of frat boy. It was quite an awkward conversation for Harry.

About half an hour into the journey Harry was woken by a sharp pricking at his ear.

"Oww." Harry pulled Hermione's rat from his earlobe. "Urrr. 'Mione…."

"Emerald. No bad girl." Hermione scolded the rat gently and petted it as she was taking it from Harrys ear.

"Hermione, it's a rat, not a dog." Ron rolled his eyes at the girl.

"You give your toad belly rubs."

"So does Neville."

The boy in question looked up from the window. "What about Neville?"

Harry rubbed his face as Hermione explained. "We were talking about toads."

"Oh right. So, are you awake now, Harry?"

"Did you not hear Hermione's rat trying to devour me?"

"Not exactly, no."

Ron laughed at the look on Neville's face before coughing to get everyone's attention. "Right now, everyone in conscious. I have an announcement. Hermione, please Lock the door."

"Umm, alright?" Instead of getting up to lock the door she just waved her wand. "I don't know why I even have this." Hermione muttered to her secondary wand.

"Thank you Hermione. Now the twins can't get in." Ron reached into his pocket and brought out a wand.

Draco looked at the wand. "What are we supposed to be looking at?"

"Unicorn Hair, Ebony. Just over Eleven and a half inches. Made her myself."

"You didn't." Draco shook his head; awe in his voice.

"I did, notes from Harry's library."

Hermione looked really closely at the wand. "That's amazing Ron. Can I?"

Ron handed it to Hermione who examined it intently. "Thanks."

"It's beautiful. Neville have a look." Hermione told the boy closest to her.

Neville took the wand. It fit nicely into his palm. "It looks really different to an Olivander wand." Neville noted. "It's as straight as an arrow."

"Do you like her?"

"Yeah, it looks great."

Ron took a deep breath. "She's yours if you want her."

"Ron, Gran got me one for passing first year." He said proudly.

"Can you just try? I don't want to give her away but I know this is the perfect wand for you."

Neville looked down at the wand before he waved it softly. The room was soon filled with warm golden sparks. "Wow."

"See…" Ron smiled.

When the Wand was in Nevilles hand Harry noticed a change. Ron had carved in a rune near the base. A rune that bound the wand to Neville.