Chapter 18

Jessica woke up earlier, then she would normally do, she twisted her head around to look at Charlie. He was sound asleep, Jessica smiled at him, Charlie looked so peaceful as he slept. Jessica attempted to move his arm from around her waist, but Charlie tightened his grip pulling her closer to him.

"Do you have to leave?" Charlie mumbled, holding her against his body.

"Yes," she twisted around to face him,

"We wouldn't want Mrs Winters finding out, do we?" she teased, he shook his head smiling at her, Jessica pressed her lips against his.

"I haven't even brushed my teeth yet," Charlie said,

"I don't care," Jessica smiled at him, "I'll see you in a bit,"

Jessica kissed him one last time before leaving Charlie's room, she tiptoed back to her bedroom. Jessica carefully got under her covers, trying to wake River, but she failed. River excitedly twirled around, excited that Jessica was back. She tried to calm River down, she heard Mrs Winters walking towards her room, she held river close to her to try and keep her quiet.

"Oh you're already awake," Mrs Winters said, "I've prepared breakfast," she told Jessica

"Alright, I'll be downstairs in a bit," Jessica said, changing out of her pyjamas she walked downstairs for her breakfast.

She sat down and ate her breakfast, wondering what kind of creatures she would be helping Charlie with today. She was almost finished when Charlie walked downstairs, ready to get to work. He had River with him, deciding to take her out with them today. Whatever creature they were seeing must have been a safe one that wouldn't put River in any danger.

They left to get to work, but Jessica was surprised when he had a basket, a blanket and a ball. She followed Charlie to a lush green field, there weren't any creatures in there. He settled the basket down, laying out the blanket, he gestured for Jessica to sit down. He took the ball and threw it for River to go and fetch it.

"I thought we could just spend some time together," Charlie said, Jessica smiled at him,

"Yeah, but won't Mrs Winters be suspicious if we don't do any work," Jessica asked, he shrugged his shoulders

"Not really, there isn't much to do today," Charlie said,

Jessica nodded she laid back on the blanket, looking up at the bright blue sky, watching the clouds slowly pass by Charlie laid down with her. Entwining his fingers with hers, a smile appeared on her face, she knows that they were new into their relationship and hadn't known each other that long but with everything they had been through together.

Jessica felt herself falling harder than she thought she ever would, Charlie on the other hand hadn't found anyone that would be willing to be around magical creatures as much as he did. Though as much as Jessica was scared of them, he rather enjoyed helping her to conquer her fear of them, Charlie knew she had a soft spot for her puppy River

"Jess, look at the birds in the trees," Charlie said, Jessica turned around to see small brightly blue coloured birds, fluttering around the trees.

"They look so beautiful," Jessica admired the little birds, "What are they?" she asked,

"Jobberknolls, you know, they don't make a voice sound right up until they die," Charlie told her

"Oh god, how horrible," Jessica said, watching the little birds flying around when they flew lower to the ground River chased after them, causing them to fly away.

"Yeah, it's not a good thing, wizards use their feathers for potion making, at one point they nearly went extinct due to overhunting," Charlie told her, Jessica nodded

River began to chase after a butterfly jumping up trying to catch it, she clumsily fell down a ditch in the grass, getting up quickly, chasing after the butterfly again. The puppy was heading towards the pond at the bottom of the hill, she ran straight into the pond.

SPLASH!

Charlie and Jessica looked down towards the pond, they saw River struggling to keep above the water. Jessica sprinted to the pond, jumping in after her puppy, Jessica cradled River in her arms. Charlie not far behind her helped to pull Jessica out of the pond.

"Oh thank Merlin she's okay," Jessica sniffed, rubbing River who was shaking due to the shook of the water. Charlie smiled at Jessica.

"Never did I think I'd see the day you'd dive into a pond for a puppy," Charlie said, Jessica rolled her eyes at him.

"Don't think my dad would recognise me right now," Jessica said, she looked down at River ruffling her fur to get rid of some of the loose water from her fur.

"Have you told your dad about us," Jessica creased her brows at him,

"I mean, have you wrote to him?" Charlie asked

"I wanted to write to him every day, but I thought it would be too difficult," Jessica said,

"my dad's never been on his own before, I know he'll be fine, but I miss him so much," she admitted,

"Do you want me to come back with you?" Charlie asked, Jessica wouldn't know how her father would react to her bringing a guy home, especially when she hadn't known him that long.

"I think, I'll be best on my own first," Jessica told him, she placed a kiss on his lips.

"I do want you to meet him though just not yet," Jessica reassured him, he leaned down to kiss her tenderly, ruffling River's fur. As she licked his hand.